[Let's Play!] Child Freddy x child reader

[angst to fluff]

Freddy's small hands fiddled with his Superman shirt. He watched as all the other kids played on the playground during recess, while he sat on a bench in the shade.

He wanted to go and play with them, but for some reason, they would always avoid him. And even when they let him play, they would end up playing too rough and hurting Freddy. Freddy would realize later on that they were bullying him. But for right now, he thought it was innocent fun.

Freddy wasn't in custody of Rosa and Victor yet, he had just lost his parents two years ago, and he was adjusting to a foster home. His foster parents were alright, but they would fight a lot with each other.

Freddy watched the children laughing and running around, and he felt a bit sad. He looked down at his crutch, and he sighed. Freddy grabbed it and stood up, limping to a group of boys laughing together. They saw him coming and ran away.

Freddy frowned, he then looked to the group of girls, limping over to them. The girls stopped their talking. "Ew! Run away! He has cooties!" The girl giggled, and everyone started to run from Freddy. "Wait! I don't have cooties!" Freddy called to them. "No way! If we get too close to him we'll get that limp too!" A boy shouted, making the kids scream and hide.

Freddy's bottom lip shook, and tears flowed out from his eyes. "Oh hey! Look! He's crying." A younger boy pointed. "I thought boys couldn't cry." A girl whispered.

Freddy started limping away towards a tree, far from the playground. He slumped down, curling himself into a ball. He hid his face in his knees, balling his eyes out.

Why were kids so mean?

"Hello." A small voice greeted. Freddy looked up, sniffling as he saw another kid standing in front of him. "H—Hi." Freddy stammered.

"Oh no! You have tears all over your face!" You exclaimed. "Don't worry, I always have an extra tissue." You pulled a tissue from your pocket, and you handed him it.

Freddy hesitantly took it, wiping his face and blowing his noes. You sat down beside him, looking at him curiously. "I like your hair. It's very fluffy." You said. Freddy looked to you again.

He remembers you now. You weren't exactly popular, but you weren't a loner either. You got along with everyone it seemed. Basically the opposite of Freddy.

He rested his chin on his knees. "Why are you here? Aren't you afraid of getting cooties?" He rolled his eyes as he said it. It seemed so stupid.

"No. Not at all. Those guys are just mean, even to me. Plus, my big sissy says cooties aren't real." You said. "Really? But I was— I thought— that's crazy!" Freddy exclaimed, waving his arms in the air cartoonishly. "Isn't it? But anyway, I wanted to play with you. Do you like hide and seek?" You asked.

Freddy glanced down. "I'm not good at hide and seek, or tag." Freddy said. "That's okay! I'm not that good either. How about this? I'll be it, and I'll count an extra minute. Okay?" You suggested.

Freddy nodded quickly. "Okay! One Mississippi, two Mississippi, three Mississippi..." you started to count, and Freddy started to limp away quickly.

This.. was fun.

Freddy was overjoyed that someone actually wants to play with him. You are such a nice person, hopefully you guys are friends!

Little did tiny Freddy know, later on in life, you'll mean more than just friends to him.