[Expect the Worst] Freddy x fem reader

@SimpingCurrently requested:
Okay how about this: Freddy and reader partnered together for a project, except they don't know each other yet. All the reader knows about Freddy are the rumors that the Breyer's spread, so she doesn't know what to expect. But she finds him super cute and all lol. Just a thought, you don't have to do it if you don't want to!

a/n: oh, I'm so doing this request. I need more requests, please, I'm running out of ideas

[fluff]

"Dustin and Harley. Lily and Nancy. Brady and Sophia. Gary and Billy.."

The teacher's voice became static to your ears. You felt drowsy, you had woken up so early. You hated math class. Okay, you didn't hate it. You just hated the fact that the teacher wasn't a very good teacher. But what would you expect from a broke school in the middle of the city?

Honestly, you just wished you could partner up with your best friend, it could be more fun that way. But no. Instead, you have to work with either someone you don't like, or a total stranger.

You were praying not to get selected with one of the Breyer brothers.

"Will and Casey. Jon and Stewart. Y/n and Freddy." The teacher continued to announce the other names, but you weren't listening.

You immediately looked to the back of the class to see the curly haired boy, sitting there quite awkwardly. He seemed uncomfortable, you assumed it was because his limp. He always seemed to be sitting uncomfortably.

The boy looked to you, faking a small smile. You looked away in embarrassment, from him catching you staring, and just the awkwardness of it all in general.

You don't really know him. You just know about his limp, and that the Breyer's pick on him. You never judge a book by its cover, but, you've heard really bad stuff about him.

You've heard about how he was mean. You heard he has flipped people off. You heard he spit in someone's food. You've heard he bullies his younger siblings. You heard he's mentally ill or something.

Though, you've heard all of these rumors from the Breyer brothers. And you know they make stuff up about the kids they bully, maybe so they could sound like heroes or something.

You feel bad for Freddy, but you don't want to associate with him. You don't want to risk hanging out with a crazy person.

You gulped. You have to work with him, or else you'll fail this class, and you definitely don't want that.

You let out a breath as the school bell rang, all the kids getting up and chatting away with their friends. You got up, walking over to your friend.

"I can't believe we won't be doing any work together! This sucks." F/n (friend name) pouted, leaning back in their seat. "Yeah. It does suck." You side glance to Freddy, before looking at your friend again. "Who'd you get?" You asked.

"Jonathon, he's not too bad. I've heard he's pretty chill." F/n shrugged. "Who'd you get?" F/n asked, leaning against the desk.

"..Freddy." You said. "Freddy Freeman?" F/n exclaimed. You only nodded. "Oh." F/n sighed.

"I don't think he'll be too bad, right? I mean, he's a loser, but.. I don't know." Your friend sighed, standing up and glancing over to Freddy. You did the same, and you saw him struggling to get up from his seat with his crutch.