Completely average family

POV: Wren

I tripped over something and I fall, then I felt something metal touch my chin. My head lifted it up, and I saw a girl but when She spoke I couldn't hear her words, but I recognized the voice it was my ex. “Darcy”? The metal thing on my chin was the tip of a gun and the girl let out a creepy laugh and that is when the dark became very bright, and I felt something sharp in my side.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I slammed into a wall and my body dropped to the floor as if someone just threw me. I got up quickly and lifted my shirt to see if I was hurt, and luckily, I wasn't, but when I looked at where I was I noticed that I was back in my house and my room.  I looked around the room to confirm I was actually in my room, then I walked downstairs. I got downstairs and I saw Key, but he was playing with a kid, Key doesn't have a kid, does he? Key looked at me and smiled, “when did you get here, I didn't hear you come in”? I shrugged “I got in last night and I just woke up” he nodded with a smile then the little boy tapped Key “daddy who is that”? Daddy? I guess he does have a kid. Key must have seen my look of confusion because he stood up and put the kid on the couch, “stay here, okay” the boy nodded and Key went up to me. He rubbed the back of his neck “uh his name is Jay, and he is nine” I shook my head with a frown “babe, we have been together for almost a year. If you had a kid, you could have told us” he looked confused for a minute but then nodded. “Yeah I know, I was scared” I looked at Jay who was on the couch “scared of what”? Key shrugged, “nobody likes to date people with kids and when we started dating he was uh with his dad".  I nodded with a smile “so you and Marlo got him back” Key smiled but shook his head “Apparently my ex use to work with Marlo's grandma so when he died the cops called his next of kin which was her”.

*TIME SKIP*

I sat on the floor with Jay, and we just looked at each other, Key had said to play with him, but I have no idea how to play with a nine-year-old. “Uh, you want to climb on the roof with me”? I asked and before Jay could talk I heard Key say “Wren he is 9” I rolled my eyes “fine” I crossed my arms and Jay laughed and copied me which was cute.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

POV: Key

Marlo and I walked into the living room to see Wren cuddling with Jay on the couch watching cartoons. “See Wren attached, we can't give him up” I said in a hushed voice, Marlo and I walked into the living room to see Wren cuddling with Jay on the couch watching cartoons. “See Wren attached we can't give him up” I said in a hushed voice and Marlo smiled, “she thinks he's your son”? I nodded, and she turned to me “okay I have a plan, but that would involve change our whole life” she grabbed my hand and took me into her room. She locked the door “push the button by my closet” I looked at her “but you told me not-” she shook her head “you can push it” I smiled and clapped my hands then went over to the closet. I pushed the button and I heard a crumbling sound then the closet started to move inwards, and then a safe appeared from somewhere “woah! Are you like a spy or something”? She looked at me but then looked away, “never mind that in here I have 4 personas”. She walked towards me and opened up the safe using some kind of touch ID. “Pick one and that is you” I nodded and then put my hand in the safe to get one of the yellow files. I grabbed the third one and opened it and with a smile, I looked at Marlo and said, “Hi my name is Mason”…

A/N: I'm sorry to leave you guys on a cliffhanger but if I get enough time and you guys want me to I will do a sequel about their life with Jay.

sequel or nah?

I'm sad, hurt, angry, mad, and disappointed.
But you know what? I'll put on a smile and move on. It will hurt but I will survive.

It sucks because,
for a minute I was happy,
for a minute I was getting better,
for a minute I had hope,
but in a minute I lost it all again.

(819 words)