All happened before

POV: Key

Marlo looked at me, and she had tears in her eyes “I'm so sorry” I hugged her “it's okay, do you want to go home”? She nodded, and I smiled, “okay come on we can sneak out the back”. She looked at me then her mom and frowned “don't mind her she can't touch you” I got up and lead Marlo to the back of the church “shh” I told her, making her punch me softly, and then we slipped out into the bustling crowd of people. Marlo and I were walking for only about 30 seconds when a little boy bumped into to us. The boy got up, “help me please” he whined. Before anyone said anything, two men ran up to him, “Jonathan, leave people alone” one of the men took the boy's hand and looked at me. “Sorry my son is so wild these days” I pulled the boy back and frowned, “Actually Matthew is my son, and he ran off during a church service. Thank you for bringing him our way”. The man didn't let go off the boy's hand “this is my kid and I can prove it, see” he took out his wallet and showed us inside was a photo of him and a little boy. I looked at the boy who looked afraid, and I shook my head, “I have no time to argue, I have business to attend to”. The man looked at us evilly, but I picked the little boy up in my arms, and we walked away. Once out of the sight of the two men, Marlo looked at me, “hm, that was fast thinking. Almost as if you've been through this before” I looked at he and nodded “yeah with a little girl named Morgan” Marlo saw a food place and pointed “let's eat, and you can tell me the story please” Marlo was less intimidating at this moment, and it made me feel better about where I stood in the relationship. I nodded and watch as she ran ahead to the restaurant and I started walking, and the little boy just sat quietly in my arms.

5 MINUTES LATER

The people had us sit at a table in the back, and they gave us strawberry water and breadsticks to keep us while we ordered, then we also got the little boy a highchair because nobody knew his age. I looked at the boy, “okay before I tell the story, can you tell us your name and where your parents are because I have to call them”? The boy shifted uncomfortably “my name is Jay” he said in a soft tone, and then he pouted up at me “my mommy is dead, and my daddy left me”. I frowned but nodded, and then he let out a big smiled, “you can be new daddy, and she can be new mommy”. Marlo spit out her water all over the table and started to cough, “are you okay”? I said as I passed her my handkerchief to clean her face, “I am fine, but what did the kid say”? Mattie looked at her “you can be my mommy because you saved me from the bad men” Marlo smiled “let me think on that one okay for now let Key tell the story” he nodded and they both turned their attention over to me.

A/N~ Yes font is intended. Key is telling the story.

POV: Key

I was about 16 the second time an incident like this happened to me. I was walking home from my school minding my own business, I had my hand down and my ears were blasting with music, and I was trying to tune out the world because I had a bad day. Anyway I am walking and singing along to my song and this girl runs up to me and slams face-first into my body sending us both tumbling to the ground. I got up and checked myself to see if I was okay, then I went to help the little girl up, but she was already looking as if she were about to cry. I decided to do what any decent human being would do, I helped her. I looked at her, I said, "my name is Key sorry I bumped into you” I stuck out my hand, and she let me help her up “my name is Morgan” and just quickly a woman walked up to us, and she was panting as if she just ran around the world. Morgan grabbed my hand and squeezed on to it for dear life, and that is when I knew I was about to put my lying skills to the test. The women looked at Morgan, “oh, thank goodness Georgina, I thought I lost you” she said and that is the second thing that made me off edge. It is one thing for a mother to make a child scared, I feared my parents, but it all a whole story if you don't know your child's name, and they fear you. The women made a grab for the little girl, but she hid behind me and I lied I said, "stop trying to touch my sister, or I'll scream” the women groaned but went at Morgan again and I didn't scream, I bite her. And the women left with a bleeding bite mark and Morgan ended up being a missing child who apparently got sucked into a sex cult, and she escaped after 5 years and ran into me.

My life will end and so will yours
so just kiss me anytime.

(941 words)