Get me out of here

POV: Wren

I woke up in a dark room, but some light shone through a crack in the wall, so I could tell I was not in my house or my parent's house. I tried to move, only to find that my right hand, handcuffed to something. The light went dark and then bright again as I heard footsteps above me, and I stopped moving to see if they were going to come get me or pass me up. I sighed when the footsteps passed, then I looked around the room I was in and because my eyes had adjusted to the dark I was able to get a feel of where I was. I was in some kind of cell and there was a picture on the wall, I pulled on my handcuffs to try to get closer. After the fourth pull I stopped, “this is going to hurt” I took a deep breath in and dislocated my thumb then bent it back and slipped out of the handcuffs "fuck” I mumbled and shook my hand out then popped my thumb back into to place. I ran to the door and looked out the window, only two see three people carrying guns and standing by the door. But this people weren't even adults and that is what shocked me, they were kids they looked like they were all only 12 years old. I tried the door, and it opened, and I slipped past the kids as they talked, but then I turned around and bumped into someone. “Hey, you're not-” I didn't let him finish before I ran. I bolted down the hallway and my heart raced and the smell of alcohol and gunpowder filled my nose.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

POV: Marlo

I watched Key carrying Jay, and I found myself actually considering having kids or adopting Jay. I felt Key tap me then pointed “there is the house we have to figure out what to do now”. I clapped my hands, which I quickly felt embarrassed about, “we are going home”? Key nodded “yes we are but what about Jay”? I looked at the little boy closely for the first time, he reminds me of my…

*FLASH BACK*

A/N: Font intended. Also, this part contains mention of blood and transphobia. Marlo is 10 and her brother is 12.

“Daddy stop”! I screamed as he put the knife to my brother's neck and I pulled at his hands and Tess let out a whimper as the knife pressed into his neck “Dad you're going to kill him”! My dad laughed, “this is what happens when you go against god” he took the blade away from Tess's neck. “She wants to be a boy, then she can be a boy in hell” I grabbed my knife from my dad and I ran, “leave him alone”. He chased me down and backed me into the corner, “you stupid child, I am trying to teach you something”! I shook my head as I looked into my dad's now snake like eyes, “give me the fucking knife before I kill both you and Trinity”. He made a grab for my hair and I stabbed him. He looked at me and I looked at him, then we both looking down at the knife embedded in his chest and the now blood stained shirt. My dad pushed me away “look what the fuck you did you fucking-” I pulled the knife out and my dad choked coughing up blood.

*FLASHBACK OVER*

"So what are we going to do"? Key asked, and I shook the thought of the little boy looking like my brother away. “Uh, I guess he could come with us, and we will figure it out” Jay clapped, “do I get to go in a car I always wanted to”. I looked at Key then back to Jay, “how old are you”? Jay shrugged “I was 3 when I left so maybe like 9” I frowned “6 years damn everybody definitely thinks you're dead” Jay pouted but nodded. “I packed the car last night, so we should go” Key said, and I nodded, then we both hurried to the car.

Love, love, love
What is it good for?
...Absolutely nothing.

(707 words)