XVIII : "I'M A MESS"

New Book Cover! For the new phase of the story! 💙

I've only caused you pain, you know
That all of my words will always be low
Of all the lies spoke
When you're on my road walking me home
Home, home, home, home

- Ed Sheeran

Lisa's POV

Several weeks passed. Away from my Home.

Morning of March 27. 
Present Day

*Breath in, breath out*

I'm standing in front of the window and watch everyone working down at the garden of my in-laws house.

Okay Lisa calm down, I told myself.

Today is my birthday but everyone is excited for the engagement party. My mom and fiancée handled everything.

I didn't complain anymore in this set up but I asked a favor to my father in exchange of following his orders, I told him that the wedding will be schedule after I graduate in College, and he agreed. He was hesitant but accepts my offer. But it doesn't mean it would happen, unless my in-laws will agree to it. I hope so... cause I'm not yet ready for what's coming. *sigh*

"Hey...Happy birthday." The woman spoke behind me and smile sweetly.

"For you." She showed a small gift box.

"Ahm...thanks. You shouldn't have bought me a gift, I don't celebrate my birthday actually.. but thank you for this." I said shyly

She was about to grab the box but I hide it behind my back

"Oops, no taking back, this is mine now." I said giggling

"*chuckle* You're welcome.... But why? I mean, birthdays should be celebrated for having another year being alive " She  said as a matter of fact.

"I don't celebrate My Day starting from now cause my dad decides for everything I do so what's the purpose of me living in this unfair world.."

"You have a choice, you can say no when it's against your moral. I can talk to my parents to withdraw this deal."

"Nah..I shed too much tears for this mess , and I can't take back all the sacrifices I've been through and and I don't think I have a Home, to go back to in Seoul." I smiles bitterly, accepting my miserable fate.

She was silent for a moment, sympathizing with my story.

She knows, she knows I love someone else but she still agreed to this setup.

I opened the box and it's a necklace, it's a star pendant actually. And it reminds me of my someone.

"It's beautiful...thank you, Diana." I close the box again and looked at her. She jusy nodded and smile.