XVI: "AS IT WAS"

"Holdin' me back
Gravity's holdin' me back
I want you to hold out the palm of your hand
Why don't we leave it at that?
Nothin' to say
When everything gets in the way
Seems you cannot be replaced
And I'm the one who will stay, oh-oh-oh

In this world, it's just us
You know it's not the same as it was
In this world, it's just us
You know it's not the same as it was
As it was, as it was
You know it's not the same.."

- Harry Styles

Jennie's POV

I just stood there, frozen, watching her leave with Rosé

What the hell are you doing Jennie, fight for your Love! She'll be gone forever if you don't chase her.
My sub conciousness said but I just stood there, crying until my knees felt weak. I didnt fall on my knees when someone held me up.

It was Jiyong. I just let him embrace me from behind while I cry my heart out.

And I'm well aware that everyone is staring at me, Happy fucking birthday to me!

I know Jiyoung heard us earlier and I see pity in his eyes.

"She said she love me, Jiyong. W-why is she leaving me like that..." I mumbled between my sobs

"Jen, love is not that simple... I mean even if you love each other it doesn't guarantee that both of you will be together forever..." He said.

I face him and waiting for his next words..

"... Love is accepting every flaws your partner have. Love is understanding each other feelings and opinions. Love is cherishing every moment whether its good or bad moments. Love is your armor to fight every difficulties life throw at you. Love is a lifetime commitment, Jen." He said while looking straight at my eyes with a faint smile on his face.

"T-Thank you, Jiyong. I know I'm a coward and I let something like this happen just to realize  everything... I don't want to lose her... I love her so much.." I said while I pour what I feel.

He lift my chin up to look him in the eyes.
"Chin up, your tiara is falling Princess *smile* Go! Chase your Love, my Princess." He encourage me and let me stand on my own.

I smile at him and kiss his cheek as thank you.

I look around and the guest are watching my every move, and I saw my father approaching.

I run outside the building and I just saw Lisa's car leaving the gate of this building.

Fuck! I can't run after that car. I need to go inside again and ask Jiyong's car key.

I saw Jiyong talking to some of his friends.

"Come with me. I need your help." I said to him and drag him outside.

I know my dad saw everything and I'm gonna explain my situation after I confront Lisa. I will bring her ass back with me and let her know that no one dumps a Jennie Kim.

If I lose her now, I don't know if can still live without her. Oh God, please help me find her.

We drove in every place where she might be, in their house, Rosé house and even in Karina's house but to no luck, we didn't find her.

I've also calling her phone non stop, hoping she will answer but she's rejecting my call.

"Did you try calling her friend?" Jiyong suddenly spoke

"Fuck, your right. I need to call Rosé, she's with Lisa." I was fidgeting trying to dial Rosé's number.

It's ringing dor the fourth time and my heart leap with joy when Rosé answer my call.

"H-hello? Rosie, Oh God thank you for answering. I'm sorry ---" I didn't finish my words when she spoke.

"We're not together, I drop her at her condo and she's staying there for the meantime before her fligh---" I cutted her, eager to know Lisa's location without letting Rosé finish her words

"Where?! Please Rosé, I just need to talk to her right now. I can't lose her." I begged

After some minutes pursuading her to give Lisa's address, she finally gave in.

"Just don't tell her I helped you! But this is the last time I'm helping you Jennie Kim, if you can't make things right, this will be your last chance." She warned me.

"Thank you very much! I owe you one!" She ended the call and I told Jiyong the address of the building.

As we stop in front of a tall building, I immediately got out.

"Thanks Jiyong! But I can hadle it from here. You can go back now."

"What? No, I will wait here. In case you need a ride back home. I can't let you go home alone." He said with worried eyes.

I smile at him and run inside the building. I told the receptionist that I'm Lisa's girlfriend so they will allow me to go up.

"I'm sorry ma'am but Ms. Manoban said her girlfriend is with her right now. "The receptionist said after talking to Lisa on the telephone.

"What?! No you must be mistaken. I AM HER GIRLFRIEND." I was furious after hearing it.

I am starting to cry again and I am getting dizzy because of what I heard.

Someone held me before I fall on the ground.

It was Jiyong.

"Jen, are you okay? You're pale, we need to get you home." He looks worried

But my mind is clouded with many questions. Lisa, how could you? I feel so vulnerable and exhausted.

I'm just crying while Jiyong lead me outside the building.

"I still need to *sob* talk to her, Jiyong." *sob*

" I understand Jen but you also need some rest. I promise we will go back here tomorrow morning." He softly said while guiding me inside the passenger seat.

I just nodded and let him. I'm too weak to protest and started to cry a river when I was seated.

----

Jiyong's POV

My heart is aching, seeing Jennie in this state. If only I could do anything to reduce her pain she's feeling right now, I would.

After I close the passengers door, I jogged on the other side. I was about to enter the car, when I saq a familiar face outside the buildings door.

It's Lisa.

She's running towards us.

I just look at her and immediately got inside. You don't deserve to see her right now. You're the reason why she's in pain. I'm not letting you to cause another pain to Jennie.

I immediately drive away from the building so Jennie would not see her. And I can see on my side mirror that she's chasing after us.

Sorry Lisa but you loss your chance.

-----

A/N: Sorry for the errors. Enjoy reading and keep safe every gays. 😆😚💙