XXII: "GLIMPSE OF US"

'Cause sometimes I look in her eyes
And that's where I find a glimpse of us
And I try to fall for her touch
But I'm thinking of the way it was
Said I'm fine and said I moved on
I'm only here passing time in her arms
Hoping I'll find
A glimpse of us...
-Joji

JENNIE'S POV

The next day.
Rosé needs to go home early because she has classes to attend to but she promised to call me whenever she's free and continue our talk. She can't miss the class cause she's a graduating student too.

So, after eating breakfast I decided to go to my office. I have to settle some work first before taking a week off.

Walking inside the firm, everyone was shocked to see me, specially Mina.

"Attorney Kim, I thought you're taking a break for a while." Mina said and everyone come closer.

"Yes, I'll be taking a break for a week and I'm just her to appoint Attorney Jisoo to handle everything while I'm gone. But from time to time I will visit here to see that everything run smoothly." I announced to them while smile reassuringly at everyone.

After the announcement, I proceed to my office to talk to Jisoo Unnie.

In close doors I'm addressing her as Unnie but when we are with our other peers we have to call each other professionally.

"Jennie-yah! I told you to rest. You can trust us." Jisoo followed me inside my office.

"*chuckle* Unnie of course I trust you and them. I just need to settle few paper works and you can handle the rest." I said while arranging the paper that I need to sign.

"Alright boss! Call me after you sign those papers." She said while doing a salute

I just laugh at her craziness and proceed signing the documents.

---

(A/N: This part is a flashback before Diana meets Jennie. Four Months after Lisa's Birthday.)

LISA'S POV

August 03
5PM
Bangkok, Thailand

I shutdown my laptop after seeing that it's already 5pm. I'm currently inside my bedroom, our bedroom of my soon to be wife. This penthouse is a engagement gift from Diana's father.

And this living in together happens so fast. I can't even say no 'cause Dad always has the last call with every decision I make.

But I insist and fight my right to finish my studies back in Seoul. I only got one year to graduate. I cried and beg to my mom to help me convince my dad to let me.

*Ring~Ring*

*Diana is calling...*

I swipe the green button and answer
"Hey, how's your shoot?"

"It's fun but I'm exhausted. I want to see you so I can recharge." She said sweetly on the other line

"*laugh* Don't act cute, it doesn't suits you." I said teasing her

"Oyyy! Whatever, hurry up and pick me up. Let's have dinner. Your treat! *laugh*"

"Alright. I'm coming. See you, bye."

We bid our goodbyes and I sigh. I can't deny the fact that I miss someone with cute gummy smile. I miss her. Mandu.

After some time I arrived at the location she sent me. I pick her up and we proceed to her favorite resto.

"So my birthday is coming and I'm thinking of not throwing a grand birthday celebration." Diana said after we said our order to the waiter. She unconsciously place her hand over mine.

"When is your birthday?" I asked not minding her hand.

"*pout* You don't remember. I'm hurt. It's next week, August Eleven. " She said acting like she was shot in her chest.

"*laugh* Sorry, my mind was occupied with  lot of things lately... anyways what's your plan for your birthday?"

"I'm thinking we can go to the beach and we can both relax. No fancy dress or long guest list. Just us." She said enthusiastically while leaning on the table.

"That sounds nice. But just the two of us? Aren't you gonna invite some of your close friends or cousins? That's more enjoyable."
I said, convincing her to invite some company.

"Hmm...I'll try if they're not busy." She said and smile.

When our food arrived she starts talking about her photoshoot earlier and the time passed by as I was listening to her every stories, laugh at her jokes.

I was seeing her every move in a slow motion, then I begin seeing someone else...

Her feline eyes

Her gummy smile

I miss her

We never had a dinner date, we usually go out for a drive, stop by at some drive thrus and eat inside the car.

I feel a little guilty for wishing that I should be spending my time with someone else.

But I also promise Diana that I will try to fall in love with her...slowly...

----

Back to the Present Time

Jennie's POV

I finished signing the papers, clean up my messy desk and I call Rosé. I need to talk to her, I can feel that she knows something  about Lisa.

*Ring~~ring*

She's not answering her phone. Maybe she's in a class.

I look at my watch and it's almost lunch time, maybe I can talk to her in person instead.

I grab my bag at the desk and bid my goodbye to everyone.

After driving for several minutes, I parked my car inside the school garage.

Since I'm an Alumni at the school, the guards recognize me and let me in.

As I step outside my car, I'm right on time for their break so I tried calling Rosé again.

Amd thankfully she answered my call this time.

"Hi Rosé.."

"Hello Unnie. What's up?"

"Are you available right now? Let's meet up and eat lunch together."

"Uhm. Actually unnie I'm with my friend here in Cafeteria but I can --"

"Great! I'll be there in a minute."
I said cheerfully cutting her off. I walk faster and I could still hear her on the other line.

"W-wait? What do you mean?"

After a while I spotted her on the corner, standing and holding her phone against her ear. She's with a short haired girl, I can't recognize her cause she's sitting and her back is all I can see.

I ended the call and wave my hand so Rosé can see me.

I laugh when she was shocked to see me walking closer to their table.

"*laugh* Yah! Why are you so shock to see me?" I said then I looked at her friend, ready to greet her.

And I swear, I would also laugh at myself for being so shock and dumbfounded..

"Lisa.." I said in a whisper.

I held my breath when I heard she laugh at me.

"Hello Jen. Why are you so shock too? *laugh*" Lisa said and laugh at me and Rosé's reaction

-----

[A/N: Follow me on twitter: @bluewave98_
Let's be friends 😊]

SEE YOU NEXT MONTH. BOO 👻