XX: "HAPPINESS IS A BUTTERFLY"

"Happiness is a butterfly
Try to catch it like every night
It escapes from my hands into moonlight.."
-Lana Del Rey

(A/N: This chapter has a lot of time skips and some flashbacks. So enjoy reading and sorry for the late update)

JENNIE'S POV

Seoul
9:00 PM

APRIL 18, 2021

One Month after Lisa's birthday and I haven't heard from her. I always send her a text "Hey, how are you?", "Hello, how's your day?", "Hi. I hope you're happy.", "I miss you Lili." ~ and more un-replied messages.
And it's been a week since I stop texting her. I'm just gonna give her space and let the time heal both of us.

I still love Lisa but sometimes the more I chase, the more I get the feeling that she's slipping away. I badly want to fly to Thailand to see her...but I can't do it cause I'm so close to reach my dreams.

So I decided to focus on what's ahead of me and let the time tell our story.

Speaking of focus, one month away before I graduate as a Law student and I still need to prepare for my board exam. My dad offered me a position in his company but I decline his offer. I still want to practice my profession and start from the bottom and to experience success on my own.

I hope my decisions will still lead me to her.

At the moment I'm reviewing when I recieved a call from Ji-yong.

Annoying.

"What the hell do you want?!"

"Well, Hello to you too. Why so grumpy? *chuckle*."

"Oh God. You know that I'm reviewing for the board exam and I told you I don't want to be bothered." I rolled my eyes when I hear him laughing at the other line.

"Okay, Princess--"

"Don't call me Princess! And please stop bothering me. I told you how many times that I can't date you. Bye."

After that I ended the call and now my concentration is ruined.

He's always calling me any chance he gets, and sending flowers every damn day. He's nice but I can't love someone else right now. Not when a certain someone is still in my heart.

----

Graduation Day

Our graduation day came and both of my parents are present. But I was hoping to see her.

I saw Rosé at the audience and I wave at her.

"Congrats Attorney Jennie Kim!" She beamed and gave me a blue roses bouquet.

"*Chuckle* Don't jinx it, I still have to pass the board exam but thank you Rosé and thank you for this."

She lean in to hug me and whisper...

"That's from Lisa, she said congrats and sorry." She moved back and smile at me sadly.

"Oh..well, tell her I said Thanks."

I don't know what to feel at that moment. I thought she forgot...

FLASHBACK

We were cuddling at the couch while watching a movie.

"When you graduate and step on the stage to get your diploma, I will shout 'That's my girl!' and buy you a blue roses bouquet *giggle* " she talk animatedly and looks at me with a wide grin on her face