|36|

Kimia David's•
"Kim"

I stood in front of the mirror in my dressing room, once my personal stylist zipped my dress up I stared at my reflection a small frown forming on my face as the dress practically looked like it would weigh me down. I had thought it was my size but from the looks of how baggy this dress is and how much space is in it I must've gone down a few sizes.

"That one too?" My mom asks in shock standing up from her seat she makes her way over. She runs her hand down the fabric. "You been on a diet or something?"

I shake my head just as confused. "No. Maybe I've been working too much..." I trail. I have been feeling tired lately.

"Working too much? In this industry there's no such thing." She jokes causing me to smile.

"Please go grab this same dress but a couple sizes down." I tell the woman and she nods her head quickly before leaving us.

I sigh taking a seat in the closest chair. "Don't be sad sweetie. You ain't the first woman to lose weight when she's stressing."

"I'm not sad." I say honestly. In fact I'm the happiest I've ever been. Me and Malik's relationship has been better than ever. Being around him felt so good that I almost hated being away. We've grown clingy to eachother in the best way possible. Only thing that does make me sad is that he told his entire family about me yet I can't even have the guts to tell my parents. But today is the day, enough of this whole being scared thing. MJ was brave and told them how he feels, why can't I? I can. And I will. Right now...

"Mom I have something to-" she cuts me off shoving her phone in my direction. I squint my eyes staring at the latest article from TMZ. Seems I'm not the only one noticing my drastic weight loss. "Their going to talk shit regardless." I tell her as I stand to my feet gently moving her phone out of my face.

"Maybe their right though," I send a look in her direction and she corrects herself. "Not about the anemic part but maybe this is something we should be worried about. I mean Kimia," she starts to talk in a whisper. "You haven't been able to fit all six dresses you've tried on in the past hour. Doesn't that worry you."

I stand up too quick causing me to place my hand on the table taking a deep breath. All of a sudden I felt dizzy and semi nauseous. "Mom I'm not trying to hear that right now I don't.....I don't feel too good." I mutter.

"Mia?" She calls out placing her hand on my shoulder. Seems like as soon as I felt her touch my body instantly feels weak and my legs give in. I collapse to the floor.

And everything goes dark.

• • • •

I laid in the hospital bed hearing steady beeping that wakes me. I can feel an IV in my arm and a nasal oxygen in my nose. My head is slightly pounding and I blink my eyes multiple times as my mom makes her presence known by leaning into the bed placing her hand on my cheek. "Are you okay?" I can hear the worry and panic in your voice. "Your dad is on his way here right now his flight is almost about to land."

I try to get up but she places her hand on my shoulder pushing me back down. "No rest your body you past our Kimia."

My eyes bugged and I ran a hand down my face. "I think I'm just stressed. I've been touring back to back," I try and find an excuse. "What did the daughter say?"

As my vision begins to focus and clear again I see her  look off to the side with her worry deepening. "While you've been out of it they've put you through various testing. I had them test your blood too, just to see if your sick or what could be wrong," she touches her chest sympathetic. "As a mother something just isn't sitting right."