Chapter 18

.・。.・゜✭・.

***

At their new destination, the boys and kie went off and got stuff for a bonfire, while izzy and rilla stayed in the car. The group had an non verbal discussion, that izzy would talk to rilla about what happened at midsummers and why she smells like a mini bar.

"Riley, what wrong?" Izzy asked her best friend, "nothing I'm fine,"rilla said with a smile, izzy frown.

"Riley, you stink of weed and alcohol more then usual, you just told everyone that your gay and you told kie you liked her in a really unlike you way. And I know when your lying to me!" Izzy raised her eyebrows at the girl.

"Ok fine." Rilla huffed,

Rilla wasn't the type of girl to show emotions, that why she liked weed so much, it help numb them. But every so often she slips or falls. Rilla was like a hiker climbing up a cliff, sometimes she miss a steps and slips or she get to the top and has a long fall down.

This was a miss step, which the crew knew how to deal with, no one seen her fall from the top of the cliff, not even Jj. But it only so long she can hold on.

***
POV: rilla

I knew I shouldn't of had that much weed I just had to get rid of that feeling. "To know why I'm like this you need to know what happened after you and jj got arrested!" I say to izzy, her faces falls.

Flashback

I left heywards straight away, I couldn't deal with kie trying to reassure me, or pope blaming himself. So I just left, I knew their was only one place I had to go and that home.

Walking home, my head was filled with scenarios that was happening at the police station, izzy being shipped off to the mainland, Jj not getting released. But I didn't know anything which drove me nuts.

Walking into my house not caring if my dad was home or not. He was. "What are you doing here?" He spat, I just walked past him.

"Hey I'm talking to you!" I just carried on walking all the way to my bedroom, he tried to follow me but the phone rang. I stop in my place infront on my door.

"Yes this is him, ..... he did what.... That little shit!" He spoke into the phone. Shit Jj. My dad got of the phone and turned to me.

"That piece of shit brother of yours, is arrested, you and your brother are such a disappointment." He shouted at me from across the house.

"How can we a disappointment, when your the only adult around, look like to me we just living up to the maybank name!" I shouted back without thinking. He saw red, I knew he saw red.

But instead of him coming at me, he stormed off out of the house with his keys.

The house went silent, the only thing you could hear was sobbing, i hadn't realised I was crying. I open my door and walked into my bedroom, heading straight to my stash. My strong stuff.

30 minutes later,I was high as a kite.

I don't know when Jj first came home, I just know he entered the bedroom and paced around the room for a while before noticing me.

"Riley?" I head him say,

I look at him from where I was laying on my bed, he was upside down from where I could see him.

I couldn't answer, my brain was to foggy to from a sentence. "Rilla, hey you ok?" He was walking closer to me. That when I started to hear screaming from the other room, dad was yelling but I couldn't hear what he was saying. I felt like I was having a dream.

I felt the bed dip beside me, I turned to see Jj sat next to me. I scan his face to find a new bruise and blood on his face. Even in my foggy State I still managed to lift my hand to his face near the bruise. Jj notice my concerns "hey I'm ok," he said. Taking my hand of his face. "Are you ok?" He asked.

I shrugged my shoulders.

Flashback over

I explained everything the all till midsummers. I don't really know why I told everyone the way I did and I'm still very high so I will probably not remember any of this in morning.

***
POV: 3rd

Izzy face was full of concern, she new rilla wasn't ok but she was still to high to talk about it.

"Hey guys you ready for this?" Jj head pops his grand into the van.

"Let's gooo!" Rilla shouts and runs off, acting like nothing happened.

Jj looked at izzy, "she had a slip, I don't know how much more she can take" Izzy said with tears in her eyes for her best friend.

Jj smiled, and wiped her her tears. "She strong and know we're here for her" he said before kissing her head.

The secret couple walked back to their friends. Hand in hand. Knowing no one would think of it.

***

Hi it izzy

Short chapter,

Rilla deserve so much love.

#rilladeservebetter

Love you 😍