Chapter 9

_____________________________

The group, now sat in the Twinkie. Johnb & kie sat in the front, pope and rilla in the middle. And jj sat with izzy in the back.

Izzy didn't really want to be there, but Jj and rilla didn't want her to be on her own. So here she is laying a cross the back seat with her head in Jj lap, eyes close while jj stroked her hair.

"I mean, it's obvious, right?" John b voice, made izzy open her eyes.

"A family heirloom. What better place to hide a message? He had to know, it was gonna get back to me, right?" John b carried on

"Yeah. It's possible." Kie said, "It could also be possible, that you're concocting wild theories
to help." Pope said, playing rock, paper, scissors with rilla.

"Bro, you know how I process my sad feels. Dank nugs and the stickiest of ickies, that's how I do it." Jj said smugly. Izzy quietly laughed, which made Jj smile.

"I'm not concocting, okay?" John b said, "that believable" izzy mumble under her breath.

"My dad's trying to give me a message." John b said, kie sighs "If it helps you believe, John B."

"Look, I-I don't need a therapy session, okay?" He said shaking his head, "yeah an I don't like weed!" Rilla joked.

"It's okay to trip, bro, but..." Jj said ignoring his sister. "Look, my... my dad is missing, okay?" John b pushed on.

"Missing." Izzy mumbled.

"You don't know what it's like to have the person closest to you vanish and then have no idea what happened. Just wake up every morning wondering." John b said not even think how his sister is feeling.

"Our dad!" Izzy said a little louder then she meant. Silence took over the van.

"It's been almost a year." Kie broke it, "Hey, he could have been kidnapped." Rilla joked. "That's definitely a possibility." Jj point at his sister.

"Yeah, could be in a Soviet sub getting interrogated by the KGB somewhere." Pope said after he lost another game of rock paper scissor.

"Absolutely. Uh... or Atlantis." Jj joked, earning him a slap on the arm by izzy, which he smirked at.

"JJ. Look, what do you think the message is?" Kie asked

"Redfield." John b said driving passed the sign

"Redfield Lighthouse. That's mine and my dad's favorite place." Izzy said sitting up, making everyone look at her, well expect John b.