Chapter 13

⚠️ (Mention of abuse and drugs) ⚠️

__________________________

The next day, while the other were testing out the underwater drone. Izzy and rilla where on the way to the maybank residence. But the group didn't know that!

They throught their were going to the treehouse, because that what the girls told them their were doing. Izzy forced rilla to let her go with her, izzy knew rilla need more clothes and shit from her house, and no way in hell would rilla send Jj to get them.

After that one time, she did ask him and he came back with a cut lip and black eye. So rilla had to go herself, but izzy would never let that happen.

***

"Home sweet home!" Rilla laughed looking at the floor. "Hey, I'm with you every step of the way" izzy said pulling rilla into a hug.

Open the back door, the two girls were hit with a smell of alcohol and drugs, as the girl walked further into the house, they spotted a black out drunk luke maybank passed out on the sofa. "Come on!" Izzy said quietly taking rilla hand and walking to the twins shared bedroom.

Once the bedroom door was shut, rilla turned to izzy "can you get some stuff of jays together?"

"Sure" izzy nodded.

Walking to Jj side of the room, picking out some clothes from his side bored. But something on his bed caught her eye. "Hey" she tuned to rilla, picking up a stuffed animal bear with an eye patch, "this was mine, I thought I lost it!" Izzy spoke confused.

Rilla laughed, "he took that a while ago, he said it made him feel safe when we stayed here!" Rilla then went back to packing more clothes. While izzy just stared at the Bear. After a while rilla was done, izzy quickly put the bear back on the bed.

The girls quickly navigated through the house without making a sound. As they got outside izzy saw rilla face, "what wrong?"

"I left my phone inside!" Rilla groaned, and before izzy could say anything rilla went back inside.

Once she found her phone, she navigate again through the house, untill see hear her dad speak, freezesing in her spot,

"I love you kid, I just miss your mother!" Luke maybank spoke in his sleep, "you look just like he-" Rilla couldn't hear anymore, so she wiped her tear a left the house.

The ride back was quite, both girl think of two different things,

Rilla thinking about her messed up family and izzy thinking about her best friend brother!

___________________________

"You boys get these groceries over to Figure Eight.
Get straight back here when you're done. No fishin'." Heyward said, when the girl got back pope and jj asked them if they want to help with groceries deliveries, They declined to help but said they would come to sunbath and get high on the boat.