14

a/n: a chapter about haters... none of the members deserve them, especially the precious maknae of enhypen who has nothing but love for his hyungs <3

"i wish i could always be here," ni-ki murmured, sitting back down on sunoo's bed. several days had passed since his fever had begun, and he was feeling much better now.

the elder sighed and ran a hand through his hair - his soft, fluffy hair that ni-ki loved entangling his fingers with, feeling the strands slide through his fingertips, providing him with the sense of comfort he hardly got.

"i wish you could stay as well. but we have to go for dance practice soon. i mean... at least they won't be filming us today, right?" hopeful eyes gleamed in ni-ki's direction.

"oh... really? does that mean i can do you in the practice room?" he teased, pinching sunoo's cheek. something he hadn't done in a while.

it elicited a whine of indignation from sunoo, his eyes widening.

"you can't do whatever you want to me, even though we finally let the members know we're dating yesterday. remember, they told us to be careful!" he warned, ducking away. but his lips betrayed him, curving into a smile that he was seemingly unable to hold back.

"are you sure, hyung? i doubt they'll notice," the younger provoked sunoo, just wanting another big grin from him.

"wow, ni-ki, you're really... annoying," sunoo breathed, "of course they'll notice. jungwon and heeseung hyung notice everything."

blatantly ignoring him, ni-ki stood up to get ready to go to their company. sunoo reached up in an attempt to check for his temperature, but he quickly grabbed the soft hand, intertwining their fingers together. 

"i'm fine, sunoo hyung," he assured the shorter boy, swiftly pressing a kiss to the back of his hand, causing a flush to spread across his cheeks.

"jake hyung's probably gonna do the same to me," he continued, in an amused voice, just to evoke jealousy out of sunoo. he knew what he was saying.

just as expected, sunoo's eyes flashed. "do you think i care?" he stared at ni-ki defiantly, raising his chin.

"not really," ni-ki admitted, and when sunoo rolled his eyes, he was unable to bite back a tiny smile of triumph.

"ni-ki... are you okay?"

as soon as sunoo and ni-ki entered the dance studio, laughing and teasing each other as usual, the other members surrounded them, worry written all over their faces.

shocked by the sudden attention, ni-ki gawked at them, unable to process what was happening.

"of course i'm okay, didn't sunoo hyung already tell you guys my fever's gone?" he finally blurted, but he doubted it was about his fever. their extremely concerned expressions said otherwise.

when jake exchanged a frantic glance with heeseung, ni-ki knew there was something they didn't want to tell him.

"have you checked social media, ni-ki?" jungwon asked gently, his eyebrows scrunched together tightly, but his voice was soft and neutral. he was truly a good leader, able to keep his cool even in the worst situations.

"no?" he mumbled. the past few days had been filled with hazy dreams while he had a high temperature, heated kisses with sunoo, and cuddling in bed while watching dramas. he hadn't wanted to check his phone, much less social media.