11

a/n: HELLO I'M BACK !! enjoy this chapter!!

"relax, sunoo, you look completely fine."

sunoo felt a chill creep up his spine, closing his eyes as he recognised the words coming out of sunghoon's mouth. 

ni-ki had always said that to him when he caught his hyung examining his reflection in the mirror. and despite his reassurances, bright smiles and kisses, sunoo couldn't help having to constantly check his appearance.

now he couldn't even have ni-ki next to him all the time, telling him he looked good.

it'd been a week since they'd decided to try not to interact on camera, and during the busy week, which had them preparing for a comeback, they only managed to see each other for tiny pockets of time before being called away.

it was always that one member who wanted to talk to them, or the makeup artist insisting that they touch up, or a cameraman trying to get another good shot to use for their photocards, if they thought that the previous photos hadn't been good enough.

raw pain and grief stabbed sunoo, tugging at his heartstrings as he stared longingly at his reflection.

he missed ni-ki, so much, that sometimes he found it difficult to focus. 

as he gazed into his own eyes, he tried to assure himself with a reminder that he'd be able to talk to ni-ki soon. after the photoshoot they were going to have, they had a couple days off to rest at their respective dorms.

but every single one of his features, gleaming in the weak light of the room he and sunghoon were in, brought him back to the thought of ni-ki.

terrified he'd burst into tears, sunoo tore his gaze from the mirror.

"that's better," sunghoon murmured, flashing him a sweet smile. 

sunoo looked desperately into his hyung's eyes, gratefulness for the elder making him want to tear up. whilst he and ni-ki were careful not to expose themselves, they'd drifted toward their other bonds, and sunoo had become closer and closer to sunghoon.

plus, sunghoon's obvious affection for sunoo nearly filled the space ni-ki had left behind in his heart.

their interactions ranged from petty bickering to lighthearted teasing, and sunoo soon found himself enjoying his time around sunghoon, loving the bond they had created.

but that didn't mean that sunoo didn't constantly yearn to speak to his boyfriend, just for a while.

"where's riki?" he whispered, turning to face sunghoon, who looked surprised and then a little disappointed.

"with jake, they're in the next room."

sunoo scowled vaguely when jake's name was mentioned, and he was unsure why he was so upset at the thought of jake and ni-ki together.

hmph. stupid jealousy.

he stormed off, muttering, "of course, he's with jake hyung."

"ni-ki?"

ni-ki jumped when he heard the beautiful voice he had been longing for, and although he was mid-conversation with jake, he turned towards the sound and looked straight into the wide eyes of the one and only, kim sunoo.

"sunoo hyung!"

ni-ki darted over, strangling sunoo in a tight hug.

although they had chatted briefly last night over video call, sunoo had quickly gotten tired and hung up to sleep.

they had already moved into their own dorms, all too soon for ni-ki.