6

"finally, we can dance as a whole group again!" heeseung chirped, his eyes wide in anticipation.

the other members murmured their agreements. big waves of excitement emanated from each one of them, thickening the atmosphere, but not in a bad way.

jungwon adjusted his earpiece and microphone. "engenes will be soooo happy!" 

tiny tears of joy welled up in his gleaming eyes, as if he were overwhelmed by merely the pleasure of their fans.

"i hope nothing goes wrong this time," jake commented, his long hair styled perfectly.

sunoo just stood around in excitement, harding able to breathe.

they'd be performing fever. it wasn't a large performance, but it was enough to make their members jittery. according to their manager, they should make the best out of any opportunity to perform.

suddenly, ni-ki tapped sunoo's shoulder cheerfully, his eyes gleaming as he greeted his hyung. 

"幸運を! that's japanese for good luck!"

sunoo flushed and smiled in return, and not knowing what came over him, he leaned in and whispered directly into ni-ki's ear, "good luck to you too."

as he pulled away, still remembering the soothing scent of ni-ki, he noticed how ni-ki looked slightly flustered.

cute.

"good luck, guys! lesgaurr!" jake called out from across the room, so that all the members could hear him. 

"let's do our cheer!" jungwon suggested, and all the members closed in on him, forming a neat circle.

"enha- enha- enha- enha- enha hypen!" they chanted, loudly hyping their team up.

"let's get ready to go, guys! you can do it!" heeseung cheered, lightening the atmosphere even more.

sunoo turned his head as he adjusted his earpiece, only to meet ni-ki's shining eyes staring at him.

the younger grabbed his wrist, smirking as he pulled him closer. 

sunoo felt his cheeks burn in response, unable to come up with something to say. 

the maknae pulled him into a soft embrace, one hand caressing his hair while the other grabbed his waist.

"do your best, sunshine," ni-ki murmured huskily, his lips brushing the tip of sunoo's ear.

he was completely stiff in ni-ki's hold, unable to move for all the panic he felt. a hot, almost painful feeling seared across his cheeks.

he didn't dare to move, even as ni-ki drew away, chuckling, and dashed off to enter the stage.

oh... god. get yourself together, sunoo. 

he shook himself, frowning, and ran to catch up with ni-ki.

the members quickly got into formation for the dance fever, taking in the crowd and the stage. 

sunoo would be lying if he said that it didn't intimate him at all. in fact, he was so nervous he could hardly concentrate.

but he tried to give his all to engene.

just as always, jay rose first, followed by heeseung, and the rest of the members.

jake went to the center, the other members surrounding him as he performed.

the performance that followed- it was perfect, in sunoo's words. he couldn't believe that for a song they'd hardly practiced for a while, they hadn't made any mistakes in the choreography.