1

"ni-ki..." sunoo whispered, peering down at enhypen's maknae, who was sleeping peacefully under the covers of sunoo's bed.

"wake up, ni-ki!" 

crossly, sunoo shook the tall boy of 16 years old, and he groaned.

"nishimura riki! there's a live soon, remember?"

ni-ki wrapped his arms around sunoo and pulled him onto the bed as well, murmuring, "i know, sunoo hyung- what are you wearing?"

sunoo glanced down at his plain white hoodie and sweatpants, frowning when ni-ki's grip didn't let him move any further. how annoying .

 he squirmed out of ni-ki's arms, like he did every single morning.

"we're supposed to wear it for the live. us maknae liners will wear white, while the hyung line will wear black. now get out of bed!" 

outraged, sunoo crossed his arms and glared down at the maknae, who looked up into his eyes and poked his cheek affectionately.

"sunoo-ssi~ you're so cute when you're mad," he mumbled, and sunoo had to laugh, his cheeks crinkling into an eye-smile.

suddenly, jungwon entered the room. he pursed his lips as he noticed the two lying side by side.

"you two are the only ones left who haven't gotten ready yet. apart from sunghoon hyung, who insists that he has to perfect his hairstyle!" jungwon heaved a sigh. "heeseung hyung, jake hyung and jay hyung are waiting in the other room."

following that, ni-ki promptly slid out of bed and walked out of the room in silence. shrugging at sunoo, jungwon followed him outside. butterflies fluttered in sunoo's stomach. finally, they'd be having a live again.

a smile plastered on his face, he skipped out of the room, oblivious to the note on his bedside table, with the words:

to my 햇빛!

(햇빛 means sunshine, hehe)

"one, two, connect! hello, we are enhypen!" jungwon lead the chant and the rest of the members joined in, smiling.

already holding an ipad to look at the comments, heeseung's gaze darted towards ni-ki. 

"ni-ki san! you look good today."

ni-ki, who was staring into space, gave a muted reply.

"you too, hyung," he mumbled.

sunoo, who was seated beside ni-ki, felt a dark feeling in the pit of his stomach. he quickly realised it was jealousy, because he had a thing with emotions. he could sense what others were feeling and could identify his own emotions. 

he bit his lip. why should he be jealous of heeseung?

as the hyung line began to chat, sunoo kept his gaze on his lap, not joining in at all. guilt made him anxious. was he even allowed to be jealous of ni-ki and heeseung?

suddenly, sunghoon nudged sunoo's shoulder from beside ni-ki.

"sunoo! are you okay?"

ni-ki nodded and snaked his hand towards sunoo's. 

"can we see your pretty smile?"

sunoo flushed, his cheeks burning, and obliged, smiling sweetly for the camera.

even after that, ni-ki didn't let go of his hand.

heeseung decided to bring up the topic of food, and sunoo observed ni-ki slowly losing interest.

the maknae had a faraway look in his dark chocolate coloured eyes. sunoo had to stop himself from just staring into them. s-sunoo. that's creepy, and weird. just tell him to pay attention. staring at him won't stop you from falling for him.

so he raised a hand and pinched ni-ki's arm, hissing, "pay attention!" 

he curled his fingers tighter around sunoo's hand and whispered, "but your hands are so soft, i can't concentrate."

sunoo gazed at ni-ki in disbelief, his emotions for once consuming him. there were so many, he couldn't identify them all at once. thrilled. flustered. confused. annoyed.

then he noticed something beautiful. 

ni-ki's cheeks were slightly tinted with the lightest shade of red. 

he felt his heart begin to race.

chill. don't fall harder. 

"sunoo, aegyo please!" heeseung called, reading off a comment. 

sunoo wasn't surprised. engene seemed to think his aegyo was the cutest thing on earth. remembering how he had shown ni-ki what a biting heart was, he decided to do that.

"i need my hand, ni-ki," he murmured, and ni-ki reluctantly let go.

"ddeonu!" he cooed, making a heart from his hands. enhypen reacted as they always did. ni-ki and sunghoon covered their mouths, heeseung and jay stared at him, impressed, and jungwon and jake imitated him.

sunoo was surprised to find that ni-ki had quickly reclaimed his hand.

"what's the cutest friendship in enhypen?" heeseung read aloud. then he read the replies. "sunki! aww~" 

jungwon nodded in agreement. "i think sunoo and ni-ki are the cutest duo as well."

jake then spoke. "i think it's me and heeseung. ramyeonz!" he and heeseung high-fived.

sunghoon frowned and retorted, "no, it's me and you, jake."

jake just laughed sweetly and shrugged, his puppy eyes shining.

"tomorrow is sunki day!" heeseung exclaimed suddenly.

sunoo squeezed ni-ki's hand, ashamed that he'd forgotten. 

"ni-ki..." he began awkwardly, when the younger interrupted him.

"sunoo hyung, let's go to a restaurant, yeah? a good one!" ni-ki begged softly, so the camera couldn't hear, opening his eyes wide.

"okay," sunoo replied quickly, looking away. he felt his face burn again. ugh, this feeling again.

the members chatted cheerfully, and soon it was time to end the live.

"this has been enhypen! annyeong~" jungwon and the rest said in harmony.

"thanks, leader yang!" jay called, and put his hand on jungwon's shoulder. the latter blushed and his dimples deepened as he smiled warmly. 

sunoo then headed to his room to get changed, and the letter on the bedside table finally caught his eye.

and only one member called him sunshine.

ni-ki...

he opened the letter up and read it.

선우,

tomorrow is sunki day. 24th of every month. can't wait.

i've already planned everything for you. don't worry, i didn't plan crazy stuff.

we can go get your beloved mint chocolate ice cream.

hope you have fun, the rest of the day is a surprise! :)

- 니키

23/08

a/n : hehe how was it?