12

the world was blurred as sunoo ran, without stopping, to his apartment.

how could he have forgotten about his boyfriend, whom he had so desperately wanted to spend time with, whom he had ached to talk to because he missed him?

his lungs were about to give out, but he didn't care. he ran ahead, trying to ignore sunghoon behind him.

his thoughts swarmed around him, sending him a blinding headache.

why are you so weak, kim sunoo?  he scolded himself, trying not to notice the tears dripping down his cheeks.

"sunoo! stop! what are you doing? why are you crying? why are you running?" sunghoon demanded, loading him with questions as he grabbed his arm, stopping him from running.

"l-let go," sunoo wanted to yell, and it took all his energy just to get the words out of his mouth. it barely made an impact, coming out as a soft whisper.

"tell me why you suddenly ran off, sunoo... i need to know," sunghoon insisted, looking away briefly, then turned back. "i like you."

all breath left sunoo, leaving his chest empty and begging for air as his face turned pale with horror, but not shock.

he had known before, because ni-ki had told him, and, well, he had already known.

but having sunghoon confess, and so suddenly, forced him to acknowledge it and the fact that both ni-ki and sunghoon liked him.

but now he could tell the difference between the two boys. it was so obvious, it seemed glaring. how could he have missed it?

among the emotions sunoo felt when he looked into sunghoon's eyes, he couldn't identify the special spark of joy that raced through his whole body that ni-ki made him feel.

he opened his mouth to speak, trembling, but sunghoon beat him to it.

"i know it's about ni-ki, but i don't know what happened. i remember, a while ago... he fought with me because we both wanted you."

sunoo closed his eyes, a black dizziness falling upon him as he relived that night, when ni-ki had so sweetly confessed and promised that he'd always be there for him.

"and i know you like him. whatever happens, i will never stop wishing that you could be with me instead. i'll always be here if you need me, whether you like me back... or not."

sunoo stared at him, panicked.

how did he know about me and ni-ki? is it that easy to tell that we're dating? i don't have time for this! 

as another wave of pain attacked him, he twisted out of sunghoon's hold, starting to cry again.

"i need to find ni-ki first, sunghoon hyung..."

"fine. i'm coming too, though," the elder insisted, frowning.

sunoo knew he didn't have the mental capacity to argue, so he grudgingly agreed and continued running, until he reached his apartment. he could hardly breathe when he stumbled to a halt in front of ni-ki, sunghoon trailing right behind him.

ni-ki was dressed completely in black, a cap covering his dark, hooded eyes.

slowly, sunoo approached his boyfriend, anxiety coursing through him, and he noticed that ni-ki's lips were trembling, something that only happened when the younger was upset.

"finally! where have you been? i was so worried... until heeseung hyung told me that you were with sunghoon hyung. i'm guessing that's why he's here."

suno flinched at the harshness of his tone and stared into ni-ki's wild eyes.