10

a/n: have fun reading <3 i'm working hard to update as quickly as possible since i already have a new idea for a new book (?)

btw this will be in ni-ki's perspective and it may switch hehe

"ready?" sunoo whispered to ni-ki.

they were standing right outside their manager's office, who had watched their live yesterday, and had called them in to talk to them.

nerves knotted in ni-ki's stomach, and he gazed down at sunoo sadly, making his eyes fill with tears.

pity filled the younger's heart - so he leaned down and gently planted a kiss on sunoo's cheek, unknowingly trembling.

"we're always being watched and filmed, ni-ki," sunoo fretted.

"i know."

"what am i going to do without you by my side?" sunoo choked out, tugging at the side of his shirt. the desperation in the older's eyes made ni-ki want to embrace him tightly.

"come in!" a voice suddenly came from inside the room, behind the closed door. ni-ki grabbed sunoo's hand, squeezing it, before entering the office.

when they entered, a man looked up at them, eyes friendly but serious.

"good morning, ni-ki-ssi, sunoo-ssi," he greeted them, then jumped straight to the point. "i called you here because i saw your vlive yesterday, and i found that things were quite awkward between the two of you. is something going on?"

panicked, ni-ki glanced at sunoo, who just stared back at him, fear and helplessness in his tired, hooded eyes.

"before you ask, yes, we're dating," ni-ki confessed. For some reason, the guilt that came with those words was almost overwhelming.

i shouldn't be guilty of dating sunoo hyung. rather, i should be proud.

but he couldn't look directly into his manager's eyes, fearing he'd see disappointment in them.

"actually, i don't mind you two secretly dating. however, you'll need to be very careful, and to avoid dating rumors, we're going to be keeping you two apart as much as possible enough for it not to be suspicious."

"we... know. we already discussed it together," ni-ki replied, trying to keep his voice strong. he glanced over at sunoo again, who looked feverish and disbelieving.

"no." sunoo blurted, and ni-ki suddenly felt the shorter boy's hands latch onto his arm. the grip was so tight that ni-ki could feel sunoo's nails through his shirt sleeve.

"can't there be a different way? can't we just tell engene about it?" sunoo begged, his eyes wide and pleading.

"i'm sorry, but it would ruin the reputation of the whole of enhypen, which the other members have worked so hard to build," the manager responded, looking truly apologetic.

"sunshine, it's okay, we can still sleep together," ni-ki whispered hopefully, but their manager shook his head.

"actually, i also wanted you two to convey a message to your members. you all won't live in the same dorm. rather, multiple dorms. jake, jay and sunghoon will share but heeseung, jungwon and you two will each have your own dorms. starting next month."

and that was it. the breaking point for sunoo, who burst into tears and ran out of the room, leaving ni-ki staring after him, his heart breaking.

"p-please, manager-nim, forgive sunoo hyung. he's very upset," ni-ki just barely managed to breathe out, clasping his hands together. 

"i can tell. you should go calm him down," their manager chuckled, looking a little disconcerted, but didn't say anything else, allowing ni-ki to run after his boyfriend.