5

a/n: shoutout to @Cxybhca for voting on my chapters and @P0ek1e for always commenting :))

"sunoo, you're not allowed to dance for a week."

sunoo lifted his head and smiled indignantly at the youngest member of enhypen, whose arms were crossed.

"who said i was going to dance?"

ni-ki didn't reply, and just gazed at him softly, a tiny smile tugging at the corner of his mouth. passion and concern danced in his shining eyes.

no... don't be delusional... he wouldn't ever... 

sunoo was unable to finish the thought as he slumped onto the couch, where heeseung was listening to music.

ni-ki followed him, a mischievous smile on his face as he sat beside him and started squeezing him everywhere - first his cheeks, then his shoulders, and his arms. sunoo ducked away from him, scowling in annoyance.

"stop moving away! hyung!" ni-ki grumbled, still reaching out to pinch his chin. 

"ni-ki! go squeeze someone else!" sunoo stamped his foot on ni-ki's toes, making him let out a squeak of pain.

"hyungg, that hurt..." the maknae whined, and then added, "my sunshine shouldn't have done that."

sunoo scowled again, retorting, "your sunshine is very tired. let him listen to music with his hyung in peace, huh?"

heeseung and jake were vibing along to the music, while sunghoon sat next to jake, blankly staring into space as he always did.

jungwon, with his adorable sweater paws, was practising a dance move with jay.

which, sunoo thought, was not a good idea. 

"jay hyung! stop staring at me like that!" 

"jungwon, we're just dancing..."

"SO?!" 

ni-ki exchanged a knowing and sly glance with sunoo, and sunoo felt his cheeks heat up. he and ni-ki would always argue like that over the tiniest things.

sudden happiness overwhelmed him. the way jay and jungwon bickered and made up, just showed how close they were and how amazing their dynamic was. 

and he and ni-ki were just like that.

pleased, he snuggled against heeseung's shoulder and ni-ki wrapped his arm around his waist, pulling him closer.

sunoo looked at him with an amused expression on his face, knowing that his eyes had to look like tiny little crescents at that moment.

"why are you so clingy?" he murmured, his words slurred as he closed his eyes, relishing the coolness of the evening, mixed with the warmth of heeseung and ni-ki.

"you are, too," ni-ki pointed out, his voice deep and rough as he leaned in close to his ear, making him shiver. 

embarrassment flooded over sunoo, and he rested his head on ni-ki's shoulder, not wanting to talk anymore.

it should always be like this. we should always feel so free around each other, to be comfortable teasing each other, even after we disband. we should still be together as one group.

peace enfolded him as he sleepily gazed at the sky streaked with orange and pink, painting a picturesque sunset, and finally he fell asleep, coaxed by heeseung's soft humming and ni-ki's warm shoulder.

ni-ki looked over his shoulder at sunoo sleeping peacefully on the couch and his heart skipped a beat as he stared at the elder boy sprawled on his back.

his tiny face, his sharp nose, his thick eyelashes...  those soft lips... everything about him was so beautiful. 

especially at that moment. it was nearly midnight, and the soft glow of moonlight streaming through the window illuminated sunoo's clear skin, the silver rays of light making it glisten.

as he stood, not even moving for he found sunoo that captivating, someone behind him cleared his throat, and he jumped in shock.

"heeseung hyung!" he sighed in relief, recognising the physique of the eldest member in enhypen.

heeseung smiled and chuckled. "sunoo-ah really is gorgeous in the moonlight, isn't he?"

"yes, hyung, he is." ni-ki whispered back, feeling his cheeks heat up.

heeseung raised his eyebrows teasingly, then clicked his tongue.

"well, i guess i'm going to sleep. let's just hope jake and sunghoon don't make a ruckus in jake's room again, just as i fall asleep..." heeseung sighed and trudged down the hallway.

ni-ki was left with sunoo again.

do i carry him to bed? what do i do?  taking a breath to gather courage, he leaned closer to sunoo's face, his hands instinctively reaching out to stroke his cheeks.

he could have sworn he saw sunoo smile as he slept, leaning more into his hands. 

he grinned to himself, secretly pleased, and began to cradle sunoo's head, his right hand snaking under sunoo's legs.

he grunted as he lifted sunoo up, panting from the effort, but he started carrying the elder to his room.

as he walked through the hallway, he observed sunoo's eyelashes flutter as he woke up.

"w-where am i, ni-ki?"

his adorable voice was laced with tiredness. he's so cute... i'll protect you, sunshine.

"we're going to your bed, sunoo," he replied with a husky murmur.

sunoo flushed visibly, and yawned. "okay, sure."

oh god... he's going to make my heart explode. i want to confess right now.  but i shouldn't. now isn't the right time.

shaking away his thoughts, he focused on how sunoo was gazing at him through half-closed eyelids, a warm smile seeming to be plastered on his face.

he reached the bed and laid sunoo down, climbing beside him.

they got into their normal position - ni-ki's arms around sunoo's waist.

"thanks, ni-ki, i love you so much..." sunoo breathed suddenly, sending a rush of adrenaline down ni-ki's back.

"i love you too, sunshine hyung." he responded in a hushed voice, tightening his grip around the elder's waist.

do platonic best friends hug each other to sleep and whisper about how they love each other, just a few days after accidentally kissing each other?

ni-ki frowned, and as the deep thinker he was, let it fill his thoughts until he drifted to sleep.

a/n: okay, finally, another chapter!! how was it?

i'm trying to update as much as possible hehe :)

please remember to comment and vote <3 love you all<3