4

ni-ki sighed in relief as a doctor entered the room where sunoo lay, his face already regaining colour.

he'd watched over the elder boy as he slept, or rather, lay unconscious, his breaths harsh.

and he didn't enjoy it.

"well, since this seems minor, i'll check him once over, alright?" the doctor offered, and ni-ki agreed.

"was he upset at all today?" the doctor asked, narrowing his eyes.

ni-ki nodded, guilt stabbing him again.

i'm so, so sorry. wake up soon, so that i can tell you that. 

"well then, that's probably why he fainted, because he had a bad mood, and thus didn't have enough energy. he probably also didn't have enough sugar. alright, he should be awake in a while. i have another patient to attend to, i'll check back again in an hour."

with that, the doctor waved a hasty goodbye and left the room.

heeseung followed him, explaining, "i'll get us something to eat."

ni-ki nodded, and checked his phone.

ENHYPEN !!

JAKE: how's sunoo?

HEESEUNG: he's fine :)) see yall laterr

SUNGHOON: gws sunooo <3

JUNGWON: hm

JAKE: ??

SUNGHOON: ?

JUNGWON: nothing, gws sunoo hehehhe

marked as read.

suddenly, just as ni-ki put down his phone, he heard a soft, hoarse voice fill the room.

"ni-ki...?"

sunoo hadn't expected his body to be so weary when he woke up.

when he'd been on stage, he hadn't expected to even collapse from the sadness. 

he took a few breaths. in, and out. he could breathe again.

as he looked across the room from his bed, he saw a blurry figure sitting down on a chair, holding his phone.

"ni-ki?" he croaked, nearly forgetting how to use his voice.

the figure immediately looked up and walked towards sunoo. it made sunoo's heart beat faster than lightning, and he sucked in breath of anticipation.

then he began to remember everything. the argument, and why he was lying down in the first place.

anger surged through him.

"sunoo. i'm so sorry... i didn't mean a thing i said..." the figure became clearer and soon sunoo was looking straight into the maknae's charming eyes.

the younger boy had a sort-of cute expression on his face, his eyes glistening as his lips trembled nervously. 

and suddenly he looked so small, although he was extremely tall.

warmth flooded over sunoo, and he gave a tiny nod to indicate that all was forgiven.

however, he decided to tease ni-ki about it, and in an impulsive move of mock-anger, he grabbed his collar and jerked him closer, sapping the last of his energy.