7

torrents of rain poured down, pounding on the windows. night had fallen upon the city, and sunoo could not sleep.

as always, he was attracted to the serenity of rain and nature, and was drawn to his bedroom window, the rain hitting it droplet by droplet, creating a pretty mixture of water and city lights blurred in the distance.

his bed was next to the large window, so he just cuddled underneath the blanket, feeling warm.

he'd just showered, his hair wet in front of his eyes as he pulled the covers to his shoulders, curling into a ball.

he loved this feeling of peace so much, the lights dimmed for a soothing atmosphere, with just the sound of soft thuds on the window.

eventually, he closed his eyes.

"s-sunoo hyung."

suddenly, choked sobs came from behind him and he jolted into a sitting position, turning his head to check who had called him.

"ni-ki!" sunoo yelped in surprise, seeing tears streaming down the younger's face, his eyes puffy and his cheeks tinted red from crying.

"what happened?" he whispered, jumping out of bed and pulling his dongsaeng into a hug.

ni-ki just shook his head, looking tiny in his grey pajamas, although he was much, much taller than sunoo. 

"sunghoon hyung and i argued over shit."

"ni-ki! don't curse!" sunoo reprimanded him softly, cupping his cheeks. "come here."

he pulled the younger into the bed, proceeding to situate him so that he was facing the window, sitting up. he wrapped the blanket around his shoulders, and then sat next to him, one arm around his waist.

"now, what did sunghoon hyung say?" sunoo asked gently when ni-ki finally calmed down, wiping away a last tear.

"we argued about you," ni-ki blurted, immediately flinching and looking away. 

"me?" shocked, sunoo drew away. "what did i do?"

"nothing, h-hyung," ni-ki quickly replied, grabbing sunoo's arm and pulling him closer again. sunoo's breath hitched as he looked into ni-ki's tearful eyes. his pupils dilated just as their eyes met, and sunoo had to remind himself to breathe.

"hyung, he... he likes you," ni-ki mumbled, suddenly avoiding his gaze. 

sunoo wasn't shocked. if anything, he'd expected that. he could tell, from the lingering looks sunghoon gave him, the way he teased him, and apologised so sincerely afterwards...

sunoo could tell these kinds of things.

but the way ni-ki was telling him that, with tear-stained cheeks, looking so broken, spurred him on to ask him a question.

it may have been mean to try to drag out a confession from ni-ki using that question, but the question came with genuine curiosity.

"ni-ki, why are you so upset over that? i already knew that, you know," sunoo breathed, looking up at the taller who was flushing, his arms slowly snaking around the elder's waist. 

they were so close now.

"because, sunoo hyung," ni-ki murmured, and sunoo could hardly focus for how passionate the younger looked, "i like you too, and possibly even more."

sunoo closed his eyes, unable to speak. his face for sure was a dark shade of red, and his ears felt like they were on fire. 

however much he had longed for ni-ki to confess to him like that, imagined that scene in his head for all the k-dramas he watched, he couldn't respond perfectly as he wanted.

the butterflies felt like they were in his throat, and all he could get out of his mouth was a strangled laugh that instantly made him crumple into ni-ki's arms from embarrassment.

"ni-ki ya, i like you too," he forced himself to say, as quick as he could. 

he could hear how muffled it was against ni-ki's chest, but all he could think of was how wonderful the younger boy smelled. 

"aww, sunshine, you're so cute," ni-ki teased, hiccuping softly as he pushed sunoo backwards gently and examined him.

sunoo felt small under his analytical stare.

"so, hyung, what are we now?" 

"uhh... what do you want us to be, ni-ki?" sunoo stammered, blushing.

"date me, hyung," the younger straightforwardly requested, seeming to be daring sunoo to say no.

what for, though?

"okay."

ni-ki let out a soft coo in delight and hugged sunoo tighter.

"thank you, hyung, i really, really like you," he whispered, his lips brushing against sunoo's ear. 

shivering, sunoo leaned into his embrace. "i really like you too."

they stayed like that for awhile, taking time to realise it was all real.

they were dating.

what if we get found out? will engenes be horrified, or would they be happy for us? 

"sunshine, i see you worrying," ni-ki suddenly interrupted the silence, tucking his head into his neck.

"i-i'm scared that people will find out about us," sunoo confessed, trying to concentrate on the topic and not how ni-ki was breathing against his neck.

"don't be, i'll protect you," the younger reassured him, and soon sunoo felt a gentle peck underneath his jawline that sent butterflies through him.

 sunoo opened his mouth to protest, i'm the hyung! i'll protect us, not you!

but he knew ni-ki would do a better job. he was more mature, and sunoo often felt a sense of security around him.

"thank you, ni-ki san," he murmured sweetly, drawing away to look at ni-ki again.

"trust me, hyung," ni-ki breathed, his tears still visible on his cheeks. his large hands travelled to the back of his neck, holding it protectively. 

then he leaned in and kissed him for the second time.

sunoo couldn't speak. he was so flustered that he was stuck in ni-ki's hold, nearly unable to move his lips in response. but he quickly caught on and kissed ni-ki back.

this kiss was sweet, reassuring, and protective. it had ni-ki leading it, so confidently yet so gently, his dominance showing with every tilt of his head.

sunoo was enjoying it so much that he hummed into the kiss, pulling ni-ki's waist closer to him when he got used to the feeling of ni-ki's lips pressing against his.

"i do trust you," sunoo whispered in-between kisses, as ni-ki rested their foreheads together.

"good, sunshine, you should. i'll always be here for you," ni-ki promised, not allowing sunoo to reply as he took his lips into a loving kiss again. 

sunoo smiled and kissed back again, feeling loved and safe in the younger's arms as the rain continued to pour down.

a/n: helloo finally this chapter is finished, i hope yall liked it! i rlly enjoyed it haha it was so fun to write!

lmk how this chapter was, dont forget to comment and vote! 

love you all <3