11

CHAPTER 11: A Commotion at School

The higher management of the Flourishing Age Group detected something was wrong.

After Li Hanchen vetoed eight proposals in a row, they were finally certain that he was in a foul mood.

Oh no, thought everyone in the meeting.

Everyone turned to look at Qin Kai earnestly in the hope that he could do something about it. They did not want to continue pissing Li Hanchen off.

"..." Qin Kai was unconfident he would have better luck. Instead, he was surprised that Li Hanchen would be in a bad mood to begin with.

After working for Li Hanchen for years, he was always emotionless.

Anyone would lose interest in life when they found out they were terminally ill. After all, people only felt emotional because they had something to look forward to.

However, Li Hanchen had nothing to look forward to.

Before Qin Kai uttered a word, Li Hanchen announced that the meeting was over. "Tomorrow, I want to see your revised proposals. Qin Kai, hand over your work in Continent M to Shen Lin and come home."

"Yes, Mr. Li."

Li Hanchen picked up the document beside him and continued working on it after the teleconference. However, he started to feel a slight ache running through his body.

Since he was not in the habit of turning on the heater, he failed to notice it during the meeting, and it did not help that the window was open.

Li Hanchen rubbed his forehead as he continued working, but his pen started to tremble in his hand ten minutes later.

Mu Sheng spent the entire day in her cozy room and only went downstairs at noon when she was hungry.

Mu Sheng noticed the door open when she walked by Li Hanchen's bedroom and saw Li Hanchen lying on the couch clutching his chest with his face ghastly pale.

Mu Sheng instantly knew that Li Hanchen was suffering from a relapse. She hurriedly checked Li Hanchen's pulse and was shocked. "Hanchen, didn't I tell you to stay warm? Why are you so cold?"

Li Hanchen pulled his hand away from Mu Sheng. He was in so much pain that the veins on his hands were throbbing. "It's none of your business."

"..." Mu Sheng did not know why Li Hanchen was throwing such a temper. Since she had charged him consultation fees, she could not leave him in the lurch.

Mu Sheng pulled Li Hanchen's arm. "Get up."

Li Hanchen was in so much pain that he had no energy. He stood up with Mu Sheng's help and was pulled into her room next door.

The moment she opened the door, warm air came surging towards Li Hanchen.

It felt like fire meeting ice, so the burning pain in Li Hanchen aggravated many times over.

Mu Sheng struck a few acupuncture points on his body before retrieving her silver needles, removing his shirt swiftly, and applying the needles.

Li Hanchen finally stopped trembling as hard after she applied ten needles.

Mu Sheng applied a silver needle to the main acupuncture point at the back of Li Hanchen's neck. She happened to make eye contact with Li Hanchen when she was done.

Li Hanchen had dashing good looks. He had sharp brows, dark stern eyes, and well-chiseled features. In close proximity, he looked even more striking. His cold proud aura did not diminish the slightest despite how sick he was.