Chapter 7

Finally it was Christmas Eve. I was like a little kid about Christmas; I was crazy in love with it. Especially how most of the time people were happy, they met/married their love of their life, or because of family. My mom broke me out of my thoughts.

"Em, can you stir the pasta for me?" She asked, multitasking cooking pasta, vegetables and meat for Christmas dinner tomorrow. I nodded, and slid off the chair. I stirred the pasta and my mom started laughing. I looked at her strangely.

"Jon and Zac shouting at the TV," She said, chuckling.

"Football game?"

"Yes, Bears and some other team," She informed me.

"Haha, that makes sense." I said, turning the gas off because the pasta was done.

"Hey mom, I need to ask you a question," I stated, knowing that this will be hard to ask.

"What's up?" She asked, cutting up carrots.

"Well, I was wondering if I can move in with Jon for a month, then leave right before class starts again," I said, pouring the pasta in a calendar, where it could drain.

"I don't know, Em. It sounds great, but are you sure you are ready for this?" She asked, her eyes full of concern and voice soft.

"I think I might be," I said, gaining a little more confident.

"Well, I guess thats it. Do you have a plane ticket?" She asked slidding the carrots in a pot.

"Yup," I said, crossing my arms. She smioed at me and wrapped her arms around me.

"You're growing up!" Mom said, wiping her eye. I sympathetically smiled at her and patted her back.

I walked into the living room, where Jon and Zac sat in front of the TV, eyes glued to the screen.

"Who are they-"

"EMMA. SHUT UP THEY ARE ABOUT TO MAKE A FIFTY YARD KICK," Zac yelled at me. Pfft, so much for brothers.

"Oh God, Jesus help them!" Zac screamed. The kicker kicked, and simultaneously the other team called the timeout.

"Wow that sucks," I mumbled. Jon and looked at me with fury in their eyes.

"Yeah no freaking kidding," Zac said. Wow, they are moody.

"So whats up both of your butts tonight?" I asked crossing my arms.

"Basically, if they lose this, they won't be able to clinch a playoff spot."

"Oh. Who are they versing?" I asked, though I knew little of football.

"The Damn Giants." Zac said, throwing an empty Coke can towards the fireplace.

"I thought you liked the Giants?" I said, remembering A eighteen year old Zac celebrate a Giants' Super Bowl win.

"Did! Before they beated the Bears' asses," He said, getting up from the couch, leaving Me and Jon alone. After Zac left, Jon looked at me and wiggled his eyebrows.

"We're alone," He said huskily.

"Don't get any ideas," I said, smirking.

"It's hard not to," He said smiling. I threw a pillow at him.

"Suddenly you're all perverted. Zac teach you something?" I asked, raising an eyebrow. He chuckled.

"Haha, surprisingly no," He said, his mouth in a straight line.

I started to fake pout. "Is someone awot more sewious now? I said. He rolled his eyes, and stood up to go to the kitchen. I stood up and blocked the door.