58. Savior In The Dark

"You know, I never meant to hurt you but...tables turned and now we're here, talking with just a glass separating us with situations so different that no one imagined them to be."

Taehyung took the blindfold off Yeonhee's face only to get a curse word thrown at him.

"Don't touch me." She barred her teeth at him to which he flinched subtly. Never in his life would he have thought to hurt the person he liked, not in a million years.

But as someone wise said, we could only regret our past decisions and take an oath to not to repeat them in the future but some people never take the latter part seriously.

"It will just be a simple procedure and I need you to watch it. Don't ask the reason." Seokjin ordered as he switched off the intercom.

The blurry and dirty glass didn't help much in helping her see the other side. She bit her lip to stop the floodgates from opening because she couldn't get her vision obstructed now. Who knows what would happen if she's knocked out cold.

"Why di-did it have to be you?" She whispered to herself as her eyes glued themselves sitting just a few feet away from her. So close, yet so far.

His head was dangling off and his hands were tied behind the chair. The blue glass made him look even more paler than he was. Eyelashes fluttered close and posture tiredly perched over the chair.

The face that held the most beautiful smile, the smile that knocked her off her breath everytime now had a gaunt look. Lively eyes that had a childish glint of amusement and always crinkled at the ends when he smiled were now sunken in. His smooth and soft skin that she always liked to squish were now lined with dried blood and scratches.

And those soft rose petals like lips, the same pair of lips that touched hers, now were just like a disoriented accessory that were there just because they had to be there.

It was quite unbelievable to her that the this— this, was the same person she fed with baby bottles and cuddled to sleep at moonless nights. He was supposed to stay with her temporarily, partly because she was struggling economically and couldn't afford to take care of another human being and that too illegally. She was supposed to give him to the orphanage.

Supposed to.

But things changed and somehow Jungkook found himself a soft spot in her heart from which he never caved out. She didn't mind the baby now, she liked his company until when stuff took a turn again and he grew in size.

Yeonhee was dealing with just a soft and fragile toddler but she has to handle a full grown man now. She told her mind a couple of times that he was supposed to be a teeny weeny baby that accidentally made himself home at her house and that she was supposed to take care of him, as a responsibility and also due to volunteering.

Again, supposed to.

But she was still a fresher in this adulthood and a woman who can't just deny someone who is attractive. Yes, Jungkook is attractive and it might somewhat was because of the strange liquid that Taehyung 'accidentally' made him swallow.

Taehyung, just that name left a bitter taste in her mouth.

No way in hell was that incident 'accidental', it was all pre-planned in her un-awareness. She blindly trusted her most treasured person to the trio and that backfired, pretty badly.

She was the most shocked to see that Seokjin, the guy who has been with her through all thick and thins, turned into the biggest hurdle in her life. Just as she thought that she was getting better at choosing people whom to hang out with, this struck her like a demoralising arrow, crushing her insides as she screams silently. A pain that can't be expressed verbally, nor physically, not even blood revenge could quench the thirst.