30. The Not-So-Shady Place

THE NIGHT BEFORE

"That's it, gardening isn't for me." I groaned seeing the mess on the kitchen floor.

"I don't even know if my suspicion is true or not." I sighed scooping another piece of mud into the pot.

Time keeps slipping away for me and I still haven't get any work done! It was already 1'o clock in the morning and I was halfway through the pot.

I felt like giving up, I was exhausted at this point and I would do literally anything to hit the sack.

And that's what I did.

I kept filling the pot with mud even though I was sick of it. Might as well as get a beautiful plant in the balcony to add 'good vibes' as mom used to say, even if the plan didn't work out.

"I swear I'll never do gardening again." I huffed out.

Now I just hope no ghosts come here and attack me. The last thing I want is a girl with frizzy hair with weird fashion sense with her back turned and twisted in an abnormal angle causing me to shit my pants.

Finally I was done planting the sapling and the next thing is sprinkle it with the 'magic' potion as I named it to be. As I was searching my cleaning cabinet for a sprayer, I heard a loud thump.

My paranoid senses immediately got to play and I stopped making any noises. I even went as far as to shallow my breathing as much as I can. I didn't dare to turn my back because I didn't know what was it. I already jinxed it, great.

My wild imagination started creating different scenarios on what it might be. Will it be a creepy grinning face? Or will it be just a silhoutte that is enough for my blood pressure to sky rocket?

It will only fuel my fear if I keep my eyes away. My breathing got more and more ragged with each angle I turned around. Strands of my stray hair was sticking to my face due to sweat and I didn't know why my senses got so sharp. Even the smallest of things made the hair on my body stand up.

The refrigerator kept making weird noises and it'd be normal if it weren't for time problems. It was legit around 2am and even the refrigerator seemed haunted. I turned around gradually...

But saw no one.

I sighed and dropped on the floor and wiped the sweat off my forehead. The floor was a mess from my dirty deed. No second thoughts! I meant the floor was dirty due to the mid, yeah.

Without delaying anything, I rushed towards the secret place where I hid the bottle in and poured it in the roots of the plant.

Nothing happened.

Maybe it worked in the morning. I shrugged and made my way to the room but something got my eye. A thing was shining on my kitchen window. Ditching the pot, I walked towards it and saw that it was a glass shard. The moonlight reflected off of it causing it to become the centre of my attention now.

The window was slightly open but nothing that was too noticable. I looked down from the window and although it was hard looking from the sixth floor, something was shattered on the shed of the fourth floor.

It was a pair of binoculars.

I shuddered and quickly closed the windows. I locked every single door and window and closed as many curtains as I can. I looked down to my hands and I was shivering, maybe it got to me.

Someone seeing me through the window was sending goosebumps. I was tempted to join Jungkook on the bed and snuggle in his embrace but I had to respect his privacy. Even though he was possibly my baby Kook but we had drifted a little apart since a certain incident happened.

He was an adult now and I...didn't know how to feel.

Maybe the binoculars were an accident? Maybe it was, maybe it wasn't.

I decided that it would be the best idea to forget it like it never happened but I know it'll live in my mind rent free. As I was wrapped in the bedsheets on the couch, I surely didn't notice another pair of binoculars keeping a close eye on us.
_ _

I slapped my cheeks to bring me back from my imaginative scenarios.

"Stop it Yeonhee! He's like a son figure to you!" I repeatedly hit myself for my senses to come to play.

I looked at the tray full of burnt toast and raw omelette and I avoided the need to puke. I glanced at the clock and sighed. I guess I've to go to work without having breakfast but I feel bad for throwing his hardwork away.

I'll see what I can do after I come back from work, maybe feed it to a stray dog or something. Till then, this tray has to hide.

✧ :゚・*°•»------🍼------«•°*・゚: ✧

"I haaaate office portieees~" I slurred while I sway from side to side. The heels in my hand was hitting my thigh every time but I did no effort to put it away.

I was walking barefoot in the same dark alley I used to reach home when I worked in the Café. But since I was working in the office, I took a different route.

"I guess *hiccup* I drank toooo much!" I giggled.

I arrived at the same dumpster from where I picked Jungkook up.

"Oh oh! The birth place of Jungkookiee~ My mom wasn't lying when she said she picked me from the garbage can." I sat down on the street with a pout.

"Babieees come from dumpsters ew-!" I made a disgusted expression and stood up.

"I'll makeee sure to bathe him! He will stink~!" I pinched my nose and walked away from it.

"Oh, what is that?!" I hiccuped seeing an abandoned pharmacy near the alley.

"Weied, I neverr saw this thing. It's shady." I crossed my arms.

"Oh whateverrr fuck it~" I ignored it and skipped my way to the apartment.

UNKNOWN'S POV

"Sir the target's...babysitter is on her way home."

"Good keep an eye on her."

"And sir, I wanna say that I accidentally broke the binoculars so I was hopping if I could get a new one-?"

"WHAT?! THAT WAS A LIMITED EDITION ED SHEERAN SIGNED BINOCULAR YOU MORON! COME TO BASE IMMEDIATELY!"

"But what about her sir-"

"She's drunk! Now come here or I'll drag you myself."

✧ :゚・*°•»------🍼------«•°*・゚: ✧

-A/N : I've never drank in my whole wide life so idk how this shit works ʕಠ_ಠʔBut in my bucket list rank 6 is 'Get wasted' yeah ik I'm weird

-
A/N : I've never drank in my whole wide life so idk how this shit works ʕಠ_ಠʔ
But in my bucket list rank 6 is 'Get wasted' yeah ik I'm weird