57. Good Ol' Days

Fluffy brown hair and a pair of pouty lips were only in her line of sight. She could just watch in awe as the new kid was brought into the daycare center she often was in. She stopped momentarily seeing the new kid being forcefully sat in front of her with widened eyes.

The boy had balloon-like cheeks and cherry red lips as if he just kissed a red chili. Doe's eyes were wide in fear and small and chubby fingers fiddling with each other as they both sat together in awkward silence. 

He was wearing blue overalls and a white tee with black stripes underneath. Somehow it reminded the little girl of a baby zebra but she remembers her mother saying not to compare people with animals or they would start to cry. One time she did and let's just conclude that it didn't go well. And another reason, she didn't want the cute kid to spill tears on his very first day in the daycare.

Hesitantly, she offered him a red-colored block in an attempt to smile which came out as a constipated one, further scaring the boy. But he took the initiative and inched forward to take the block out of her tiny hands.

Scooting ungracefully, the little boy made way to her and reluctantly took the block in his own chubby hands. His eyes dropped down to the block in his hands and wondered what could be done with it since he had only one block.

"What is your name?" A thin voice caught his attention to it. Averting his eyes from the piece of plastic, he innocently stared at the girl with the same forced smile.

"Don't know." He answered.

A frown appeared on her lips, "Why? Didn't your momma give you one?"

"....no?" He seemed confused, "Is that their work?"

"Kind of," She hummed nonchalantly, "Like my momma calls me Yonhwi, so I'm Yonhwi!" She exaggeratedly spread her arms out and her mouth stretched into a wide grin with only six teeth visible.

"Oh."

"Let's play blocks." She changed the topic the next moment and he couldn't be more thankful for that. He nodded and indulged himself in the colorful floor with scattered blocks all over.

After a while, the lady who took care of the children took the new boy in her arms and was about to leave when the same thin voice asked her. She had a devastating expression and was on all fours to see where she was taking him.

"Where are you taking him?"

"Somewhere he will be happy with other kids." She smiled warmly.

"Can I see him after?"

"Of course sweetheart, you can. We can go on Sundays to meet him." The lady ruffled her jet black hair and left the daycare with a pair of eyes watching her new friend being taken away from her.

✧ :゚・*°•»------🍼------«•°*・゚: ✧

"Jinniee~"

"Yeonniee~"

Two bodies clashed together and flung themselves on the couch like lazy walruses with laughter ringing in their ears. A woman, in her late forties, walked into the room with a tray of two glasses of orange juice. The pigs on the couch sat up immediately and gulped down the orange juice as the woman watched the two of them with adoration.

"Oof-" Both of them let out a breath at the same time earning a chuckle from the woman.

"Why don't you guys marry each other already?" She suggested.