42. Revelation And Rejection

"Thanks man, I like you too!" She playfully patted his shoulder.

"Yo-You don't understand! I like like you!"

"Awwie, I like like you too, my guy!" She laughed.

"No! I'm attracted to you Yeonhee! Like, you're beautiful and I'm ju-just attracted to you!" Taehyung argued.

"Man, you find me attractive? My self esteem has been down lately. Thanks for boosting up my confidence! You're good-looking too!" She shot finger guns at him.

Taehyung huffed, "Yeonhee!" He gripped her shoulders firmly, "I want to kiss you!"

She stopped responding for a while and Taehyung thought that she finally got what he meant, but that wasn't the case.

"Didn't know you were french, Tae! C'mere gimme!" She gesture her index finger on her cheek.

He flared his nostrils as his grip on the coat became tighter, "I want to sleep with you!" He uttered out the last desire of his towards her after being defeated a couple of times.

"Sure, let's invite Jimin, Jin and Jungkook to have a sleepover! The theme would be...rubber ducks- wait, Taehyung are you cryin'?"

"No." He averted his gaze.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm okay." He answered biting up his tears.

✧ :゚・*°•»------🍷------«•°*・゚: ✧

Taehyung walked into his house after escorting Yeonhee back to her place. She didn't had the slightest of clue about what he was saying and he was sort of thankful for it. Atleast, he got saved by the embarrassment.

The door clicked open causing Jimin to look up from his laptop to him. His brows furrowed seeing the gloomy expression on Taehyung's but he didn't question it. He simply observed his weird behaviour from his seat.

Taehyung dropped the car keys on the table and opened the fridge only to take out a few bottles of Soju. He messed his hair up while he was trudging back to his room.

Jimin pushed his round-rimmed glasses upwards and decided to interrupt, "Why such a gloomy face?"

Taehyung slowly turned towards him with a bittersweet smile. He wanted to vent it out in front of his best friend but something in him was keeping him up. He wanted to get mad and blame someone, but he couldn't.

His cheekbones hurt from smiling too much, his throat hurt, his chest hurt. Everything hurts so much but he didn't show it. Because the blow to his heart was enough to break him apart from inside.

His jaws clenched, restraining the urge to open the floodgates. The neck of the Soju bottle was this close to hit the floor but still he managed to grip it firmly despite his weak state. He took in a deep breath, the cold air making him calm again. He tried to fix his broken smile but it wouldn't stay, it was always turning upside down.

"Nothing."

Jimin watched as the man slowly walked to his room and slammed the door shut. He didn't know what happened but it broke his heart seeing Taehyung in this state. He wanted to help him and console him but he decided that it would be the best to leave him alone for a while.

Taehyung leaned against the door, sliding down till he sat on the floor. He popped open the bottle and drank directly from it. The sharp taste immediately hurt his tongue but he didn't care, he has gone through much worse today.

The alcohol gushed through his throat, relieving the grief that was now allowed to escape. Salty droplets cascaded down his cheek and dropped on the floor. He kept the bottle aside and just stared into nothingness. Tears were continuosly streaming down and his nose was getting clogged but he didn't do anything.