19: Sengoku Era: 60 years later

Year 1470, Japan

Year 1470, Japan

Credit: Song: Glass Animal – Bye-Bye Baby Blue

Muzan was overly depressed for sixty years over his failure and how ugly he looked with those scars. He now more often had lost to his demons and would eat humans without even being conscious of it.

Kokushibo was with him all the time and also would try to help him and hold him back whenever he wanted to hunt humans when he was in a sudden trance that his demons would take control to end a whole village.

Muzan would not go far before his legs would come off or his eyes would bulge out of their sockets.

But after those sixty years Muzan was now fully cured and that night he headed out and told Kokushibo to hunt some animals since they were in season.

Muzan could smell a high amount of human blood and that familiar scent of death lingered in the heavens that night. It would attract many demons and it attracted him too.

He walked over there, it was the familiar village that was known for the famous dojos that resided there – but also for that criminal that was saved from being executed a few months before.

Muzan’s hair grew down to his back from the time he was younger.

His raven kimono got stained from the blood he was walking in the minute he stepped in the village. It is not a demon, was what Muzan thought, no normal human could have done this.

We can make him one of us, after all he may be powerful!

Muzan shook those thoughts away and went deeper following the scent of rage that started to die off, and due to the scent Muzan realized it was a male young around sixteen or seventeen. All the blood on him was not his’.

He reached him on a bridge, raven hair that was stained on blood, Muzan smiled at his long pink lashes that was paired with ocean blue eyes that shone thru that darkness of night dully.

“This is very impressing,” Muzan spoke.

The young unknown boy turned his head slowly he looked so lifeless even if his face had shock on his face due to the very elegant and ancient accent – and accent that only royals have.

No words could come from how much pain he felt.

“I can make you forget everything,” Muzan promised seeing how much pain he was in. Muzan could not sense any living being in the area, “do you wish this?”

The young man sighed as he finally spoke, “yes I wish to, I wish death.”

“You remind me of myself, how sad, you poor thing.” The demon started to realize that his demons started to get the wheel something he hoped did not happen, “I will give you my blood, and make you powerful.”

The human boy did not comprehend that there were multiple voices that spoke all different tones and intent but nodded along, a hand came forward and injected blood in him, but unlike Kokushibo and Tamayo who he transformed like he did, the boy did not sleep.

He reacted just like the lower ranked demons, he started to sweat and his skin started to heat up. So much rage and hate the boy had.

“what is your name?” Muzan asked as he saw the boy’s hair change to a paste pink and those thief markings grew all over his body and his eyes changed.

The boy said, “Hakuji, but you can call me Akaza, Master.” The minute he spoke the last word he was on his knees before the man.

Muzan’s face flushed and waved his hands around as the demons once more went away, “Don’t call me that! Call me eh,” Muzan knew the risk of them calling him by his birth name, “fine.”

Like that Muzan had a new companion with him. He gave Akaza some animals to eat and explained the rules of the sun and not to attack humans without need to, or was ordered to do so.

Muzan had rare cases that he would sent Kokushibo to end a human’s life, maybe Demon Slayers that were around the area or scumbags that wondered around harassing children. Something he hated.

“Kokushibo,”

The younger demon turned around and saw the older and superior demon (that never accepted that title) and bowed, “My Lord, you are back.”

Muzan’s nose crunched when the scent of blood was investable, Muzan could smell the scent was from someone he knew of – but who?

The scent was so strong and made Muzan cringe at it.

“Who did you kill?” he went to the point after Letting Akaza explore the new home he had now. Muzan already knew due to him reading his mind, it was none other than his younger twin the man that made Muzan fall in the state he was in for sixty years.

Kokushibo sighed in defeat and confessed, “My brother, Yorichii.”

“I told you not to engage fights with him!” Muzan was pissed veins bulge on his neck and forehead, “he should have a peaceful death! I do not care if he is eighty and passed the age of that curse!”

Muzan sighed and tried to calm down, but his over angered aura was already loose and let Kokushibo start to choke on air and fell on the floor.

Kokushibo looked up from his kneeling position and flinched his six eyes widened when he saw the blood red aura round his master many faces grinning from over his shoulder, some darker than others but all were like shadows.

When Muzan calmed down Kokushibo saw how they all hid behind his head and vanished.

“Kokushibo,” he started, his voice calmer, “Please forgive me, my anger gets the best of me.”

Muzan was bottling his anger in a flask that he knew one day would burst, for now it was leaking from the edges and cracks soon would start appearing and when it happened he was not sure if he was going to be the same.