05: Heian Era: Call me Muzan!

Year 908, Japan, Kibutsuji Manor.

Credit: Song: Chase Atlantic – Okay

Two peaceful years passed with Muzan being himself most times still locked in his room, he was not eight and had a two year old brother from the main wives, from Mikuo, he wasn’t a fan of her. she treated him bad.

She made him feel like he did not belong there, it made him feel sick, it did not help with her eyes. Full with hate and anger to him, because when she turned to her siblings or father her anger fades to something else.

It made him feel something weird in his chest that sometimes made him tear up a bit, “does she hate me?” he muttered feeling that itch in his chest once more.

His sister that was only a few days younger than him came up to him, her eyes were a colour of brown and had matching hair that was combed into braid, “Brother?” she tiled her head sideways her golden earrings giggled with her movements.

He turned around feeling the same feeling boiling in his chest, “yes sister *****?”

He wished they would be at the same line that she wasn’t over seen and praise on an altar since she was healthier than him and smarter. Maybe she would marry someone and become the next mistress of the clan.

Something that made him angry, he finally knew that feeling ‘envy’ yes it was envy. He mostly was spoiled by his mother and father that he barely felt such emotion, he heard the other wives say words like that.

“It is time to take your medications, brother.” She blankly said her brown eyes tiled to the tray in her small hands, “father has sent me to give you.”

The boy tilled his head down to look at the tray, he turned his heal and walked off to his room with her on his tail, the estate was huge, “thank you,” he took it and closed to door when he entered his room.

He clearly hated that he was sick, he started to resent his condition his mother barely was home now saying she was searching for a physician that could heal him. And he was thankful for that – after all . . . he wanted to get strong to play with Nezuko more.

He started to take his medication that was mostly plants and many fruits he inspected them before eating them, the taste was terrible making him want to vomit it in the yard.

‘do you want to get better for Nezuko?’

He stopped, “do it for Nezuko.” The eight year old determined before drowning them with water.

***

Year 908, Japan, Ubuyashiki Manor

“Why would you even think of marrying of that girl to the Kibutsuji?” someone yelled their lavender eyes dark with anger, “do you want a war to start?!”

The person she yelled at sighed he did not have time for her yapping, “it was the only option aside from killing her,” he dismissed her with a swing of his hand.

But she stood her ground her hair pins swayed with her movements of her head, “she is your offspring and a daughter of a maid, no one would care if that commoner died!” she argued.

“Hosaya,” he finally looked up his darker lavender eyes boring in her making her flinch, “I do not care if you are my first wife or family with the Fudjiwara, you do not have any authority as a woman.”

Her face turned red as she got scolded, she turned her heel to leave with the other wives that silently stood there – everyone in the manor was against sending the maid’s daughter to get married to the Kibutsuji, even if she was daughter of their Leader.

But before the first wife of that man could open the door someone else did, there stood a tall woman with chestnut coloured hair and crystal eyes, everyone aside from the Lord of the manor bowed to her.

She had light wrinkles on her face but still stood tall and carried elegance and beauty everywhere she went.

Ubuyashiki Nara

She was married to the former leader of the Ubuyashiki and his only wife making her carry supreme authority in the manor. When her husband (who is father of the current leader) passed away he said that he wanted to too keep carrying the authority she had.

She was against the way woman was treated making her feisty and savage against all males, the reason why her husband was so intrigued with her.

“mother.” The man said as he stood up.

Unlike other woman did she refused to bow to anyone aside the royals, she showed so much power that no one dared to shut her when she spoke.

“I have heard there was a commotion in this swing,” she started her eyes narrowed, behind her was a small Nezuko, her pink eyes were big as she held onto the woman’s kimono, “is it over Nezuko?”

It was not the first time she heard those arguments of her granddaughter, she was her only grandchild she would stand strong and refuse to let them kill her. she wanted her child to have a great life.

She glanced with her blue eyes to the wives who flinched at her emotion that filled her eyes. “I am against ending my granddaughter’s life,” she walked deeper as little Nezuko walked behind her eyes confused and innocent to what was happening.

She crouched down across her son on the table her hands on her knees and the girl sat beside her cowering by the glares sent to her, “Aikido,” Nara called.

The said woman was the youngest wife out of all the woman that was there, she was timid and just had gotten married two years before and was pregnant of the Lord for six months,

She bowed down, “yes, Mistress?”

***

Year 908, Japan, Kibutsuji Manor

Once again the two kids were playing this time in the library they were doing a small quiz competition with a maid keeping an eye on them and she was pealing some apples for them to eat soon if they were hungry.

“Kibutsuji-Sama you are so good in this!” Nezuko gushed her eyes wide with expectations and some weird emotion that he couldn’t understand.

But he didn’t like how she called him, why call him with such superiority? Yes he may be the son of the Lord of a powerful clan but he wished not to be called in such way if he was not going to even get close to that status.

“Nezuko,” he called his voice low for her to hear, “call me Muzan . . .” he said under his breath.

Sadly for him she couldn’t hear him and inched closer, “what did you say? I did not hear you my Lord.”

That made him snap, “Call me Muzan!” he exclaimed to her gripping her shoulders, he was weak so I had not wound her but she was surprised.

She then smiled her pink eyes closed into a crescent, “sure, Muzan-kun.”