12: Sengoku Era: Time Passes by

Year 1400, Japan

Year 1400, Japan

Credits: Song: Billie Eilish - No Time to Die

Tamayo was in such a depressed state that she barely left the room she was in until she came back from the trance. It’s been around fifty years after they got her and man the Sengoku Era started and she still didn’t fully return.

Muzan had to guard her door each morning when the sun rose for her not to try and kill herself by being burned to death.

“I understand your pain of ending the people you care of.” He spoke up in the silent room that only her huffs were heard from where she sat her hands gripping her neck trying to kill herself like humans would. “That does not help you, Tamayo.”

For the first time the woman was in a mental trance she finally looked up to him rather than just ignoring him, her violet eyes shrunk with rage and longed at him her small calloused hands gripped his shoulders her nails digging in his skin.

“It is all your fault!” she yelled pushing him down her tears dripping to his cheeks, no amuse was shown, “I should have not trusted you!”

He could feel his anger start to rise but he held it down not wanting to hurt the young woman, he just took all that over him, after all he was the king, it was all his fault of bring them in existence, all because he trusted a doctor rather than his lover.

  He once more had hurt a person and a whole village for his lack of leadership and high amount of sympathy. He knew how it felt to be in a deathbed.

“Calm down, Tamayo.” He spoke up after she calmed down from her yelling fit, “I do not expect you to forgive me, but at least try and live on you’re the children and your husband.”

He knew his words, he knew how he should speak to calm her down and stop her from killing herself, after all he had lives with a need of self-killing for so long, he had committed a grave sin, not her. She was just a victim of his own desire.

She looked down in shame and nodded along making him push her off his softly letting her sit down on the floor. Her eyes looked a bit more alive even if they were filled with self-resentment and sadness.

He walked outside letting the door opened when night fell and walked down to the front door.

“Ruka.”

His sister stood there with a raven kimono filled with golden flowers and a raven obi with golden details that were handmade by herself, the white obi-sashes were tight around her waist. Her long raven hair was in a huge pun held by golden pears.

“I will be heading out for a bit.” He spoke before disappearing from the door and the door was closed the same second he left.

The younger sister sighed and grabbed the broken shards of the vase that broken when Muzan went off. She kneeled down picking them up.

“Be careful, she is reborn.” She whispered.

Year 1400, Japan

The weather of winter was very cold even if he was accustomed with cold. His long hair swayed with the wind as he just walked randomly that night.

He was overly bored that moment before sitting down randomly, he was leaning against a tree he small snowflakes falling onto his nose. His eyes closed feeling his anger fully rise and ran to find a meal – animals.

Not far from there, there was a huge mansion filled with wisteria. Many people wondered there with swords on their waist.

The news of the reborn lady of darkness reached the ears of many demon slayers that knew the story, the lore of the Ubuyashiki family. No one really knew why the Ubuyashiki had the curse on them aside from themselves.

The Lady of Darkness wasn’t known on who she actually was but some said she would be the one that was the bridge between the Kibutsuji and Ubuyashiki. The leader of that time was the known of that lore after all his parents had told him that.

His wasn’t much of a fan of that story his mother had told him.

Everyone thought Kibutsuji Muzan was cruel cold hearted man that killed without disregard of age, gender or status. He married five woman in the Heian period making them all kill themselves afterwards when he didn’t need of them.

But who was the Lady of Darkness, some even called the Demon’s Bride.

Some knew she was an Ubuyashiki that grew up with him but only lived until age fifteen, no one knew what happened later with her. The pages his ancestor wrote after that was burned off or ripped. Not even the name was written. The name was blurred with water of burned off.

Like it was on purpose.

“do you think we can find her before he does?” asked the master to the Demon Slayer that stood before him.

The said Slayer looked up with flame looking eyes before nodding slowly, “I shall do my best, Master, but we are not sure where she could be reside or if she is already found.”

“Let us hope that she was not found, if she is turned to a demon we do not know what could happen to us.”

As always the worst idea comes to their mind, never the best when it came to Muzan. Poor humans did not know who really Muzan was. it made them look foolish.

No one knew that none of them would reach her. Their hands wouldn’t get to protect the Lady of Darkness who should have been titled as ‘the Demon Queen’. They should wait another few centuries before trying again.

“WAIT PLEASE NO! I ENEVR DID ANYTHING TO YOU! I ONLY WISHED TO SEE HER!”

Such tragic life was born, such sad love story. Such sad and unanswered confession and a shattered promise.

 Such sad and unanswered confession and a shattered promise