08: Heian Era: Cure?

Year 915, Japan, Kibutsuji Manor

Credits: Song: Cody Fry - Eleanor Rigby

That next morning the once flesh filled body of the physician was now just bones the clothes that were once covering his body was ripped and tossed somewhere in the room.

Muzan whipped his lips with the sleeve of his yukata but it only smudged the blood more. His smile was ever so pure and wide showing his white canines that he realized he had when he accidentally brushed his finger against it.

He got and cleaned the mess and hid the bones somewhere in his room maybe in the closet where no one went. His body felt healthier with whatever that doctor did to him. He felt bad for suddenly killing him. But who cared.

He changed to a beautiful kimono his father used to wear matching with a clean white haori that was void of any blood before heading out.

He felt like he was going to get burned away when he felt the sun on his. Was it always so hot? Was the sunrays looking so radiant and like the gods were angry at him?

He stepped in his room and slammed the door that lead to his engawa and outer halls shut behind him.

His – now – red eyes glanced down to his arm that was burned the light sounds of sizzling reached his ears as suddenly his bone was shown. The pain so unbearable he cried in pain as he hugged his burned arm before the pain vanished in thin air like nothing.

As fast as it came it left.

Then he realized it was his wedding day! How could he go and get wedded if he could not step in the sun?! what would Nezuko think?

She warned him!

Yes he felt stronger but his complexion looked sicker and like he was at verge of death and he wasn't capable to stand in the sun without getting burned!

Then he realized when he looked at his arm again, "I healed?" his skin regrew back again and  the small raven hairs of his arm grew back small and fragile.

He used his long sharp nails on his left hand and slashed it on his arm and saw that immediately it regrew as if nothing, not even a scar was left. It was faster than the sun itself.

Then the door opened that lead to the inner halls on the manor. Showing a small maid that he recognized that was his mother's. she bowed not daring to see the son of her mistress.

Unlike normally she wore the dresses of the miku – the female priestess' – her chestnut hair was held in a low ponytail that hell of her back onto her side as she bowed.

"Speak," the man said recomposing himself.

The maid smelled the terrible scent of blood and something rotting in the room but stayed silent over the topic.

"My lord," she started her eyes on the floor, "Lady Mika has requested your presence to prepare for today's wedding."

The man grunted, he didn't feel like it, but he knew better than to back off the marriage, "I will be coming. Is my meal coming soon?" he questioned feeling saliva gather in his mouth and gulped it down.

"Yes, my lord," she responded silently with respect, "I shall take my leave."

***

Sitting in the dark room with only a candle on the maids entered with many meals and set them down before him after bowing and showing him the meal.

The man looked rather distasted by the scent and appearance, normally he loved the meals that were brought to him by other demons but why was this different?

He eat some of the onigiri but aged it back out it stated like bile! He realized that something was wrong with him. He already knew he wasn't human anymore. His gaze landed on some meat on another table it was a sheep that was killed and cooked like he liked it sided by some salad.

But his arm only reached for the meal and ate it. Unlike the onigiri; it tasted well enough and made a small smile to his face.

What if he thought his eyes on his hands in place of eating humans I eat raw animal meat?

The idea wasn't terrible, it was better than to eat humans and seen as a monster maybe he could not prove his other mothers and siblings his worth.

His eyes moved to a mirror and saw that he had blood red eyes. What a beautiful color – was what came to his mind. It was a brighter and unique color he got.

He walked out the door – his steps silent and careful avoiding sunlight that came from the opened window and avoided his siblings that he knew were loud mouths. The youngest one he had was his youngest brother that was seven who was the other only boy in the manor.

And his rival.

His name was Itsuki and resembled their father fully he was the second child of the fourth mother. The boy was as bad as the mother or worse. He reached the door that lead to his mother's chambers and knocked.

The shoji door slid open with the familiar 'crack'  that Muzan now could hear clearer and entered. His mother sat there and looked at him from her seat on the flooring her long raven hair was help up with various hairpins and ornaments.

For some reason eh felt bad for her he didn't have any idea what was going to start when he walked back out that door ready to get married to his lover. He didn't have a single idea that he wasn't going to see her at the best situation.

"how was the cure?" she asked seeing his paler complexion rather than what she imaged him to look when he was better.