m.s. ~ calmly

"No, James. You're supposed to know this! This is what happens when you don't listen in class." Says Marc.

I was washing dishes in the kitchen and I heard Marc get mad at our son, James. I peeped to see what was going on and Marc was really mad and James looked very scared of him.

Marc then abruptly stood up and left the room. He went to the room, putting both hands on his head.

I finished washing up and wiped my hands to check on him.

"Marc, don't worry about it." I said. "Y/n, he doesn't know basic maths, hon!" Says Marc. "He's got a hard time doing it, alright? I mean, he might've got it from me. I was extremely slow in math." I said, trying to brighten the scenery.

"Okay, I'll deal with him. You take a rest. I know you've got other work to do, just stress on that. Don't worry about James." I said, massaging his back.

"No, you've taught him everything everyday for the rest of his life and you've got other things to work on too. I can take it." He said but I stopped him from going back.

"Marc, I'm not gonna let our son cry about simple maths. Let me handle it. But you still have to learn how too." I said.

Marc sighs and looks down on the ground. Then he holds my hand that's on his shoulder.

"Alright." He said and he follows me to James' room.

"Hey sweetie. What's the homework today?" I asked James and he told me all about it. Just a few minutes after teaching him calmly, he got most of them done himself.

"Yay! We're done!" I cheered for him. "Yay! I did it!" He cheered as well.

"Good job! Show daddy your work! I'm sure he'd be proud." I said. Then James face expression changed and he shook his head. I knew he was scared to face Marc again.

"Oh, It'd be fine. Here, I'll call him." I said and left the room to get Marc.

"Honey. I want you to go into that room with the best apology you've got right now and tell him that." I said.

"Okay, okay. I'll do it." He said. We come into the room and we could find him anywhere.

"James?" I called out for him. Then we saw a small silhouette in behind his curtains.

"James, come out here." Said Marc. "Sht! Don't say it like that!" I whispered to him. "James, I'll give you my chocolate bar if you come out here." I said.

Then he slowly emerged from the curtains and walks slowly towards us.

"Show daddy your work." I said. He shook his head. Then I look at Marc, waiting for him to say his apology.

"James, I'm sorry for getting mad at you. Daddy didn't mean it. He's just really tired. You know how you're tired and you get cranky?" Said Marc. James nodded. "Well that's what daddy's going through right now. But I promise next time, I won't get mad." He said.

"Forgive me?" Said Marc and James immediately hugged him tight. I went soft after seeing James hug Marc's legs because of how short he is.

Marc looks at me while he's still hugging James. "Was that okay?" He whispered to me.

"That was really good, hon." I said, kissing his cheek.

•••

Hey I'm alive. I'm losing inspo but I'm not giving. Idk where I got this inspo but oh well.

Have this for now.