s.g. ~ candy bars

"Alright kids! Everyone's got your pamphlets?" I called out. All of my students lifted up their pamphlets to let me know they had them.

"Good. Stay with your partners, alright? Do not lose the group." I said. "Okay, kids. This is our tour guide, Mr. Duncan."

"Hey kids! I will be your tour guide for today. I'll be showing you all the ancient Egyptian artefacts and tell you all about them so keep up with me, alright? Let's go this way." Mr. Duncan directed.

I felt a pair of eyes on me before I left with the kids. I looked around to find who it was but I couldn't see anyone. Just security busy with a crossword and a man at the gift shop.

We went from artefact to artefact and it was honestly fun. I liked it and our tour guide explained everything very well. I'm a very big fan of the Egyptian hieroglyphics.

"Alright kids, I believe that's all for today. I hope you had a nice time and learned a lot more stuff about Egypt. If you'd like, there is a gift shop just over there. Help yourself, thank you." Said Mr. Duncan.

"Thank you Mr. Duncan!" The kids cheered and rushed to the gift shop.

"Thank you Mr. Duncan. You're a very good tour guide." I said. "No worries, Miss. I've got to go show around another school now. Cheers." And with that he left.

I followed the kids to the gift shop. I looked around, seeing nice things and I decided to buy a snack for me to eat on the way back to school.

I took two candy bars and went to the register. I put the bars on the counter while I take out my purse. The man scanned it under the scanner and mentioned the price.

"How much?" I asked, looking up from the ground. All he did was stare with his big black eyes. "Excuse me? How much?" I asked again.

He shook his head, returning to reality. "Uhh, that'll be 4 pounds." He said in a quiet voice. I took out 4 pounds and laid it on the counter.

He handed me the candy bars. "Here you are." He muttered. Then I squinted my eyes at him and he looked at me with confusion on his face.

"What?" He asks. "Were you staring at me?" I asked bluntly. "Oh. Me? Staring? No, I wasn't..." He stammered, making me smile.

"I didn't mean to uhm..." "It's alright. Thanks for bars. Cheers." I said and was about to leave but I did wish for him to stop me.

"Wait--" he calls out.

Yes. I cheered in my head.

I turned to him. "C- could I ask for your number?" He said.

I walked back over to him. "Do you have a piece of paper?" I asked. "Oh, uhh. I think I've got something..." He said, looking around for a piece of paper behind the counter.

"Here we are." He said, standing back up with a piece of paper. "I don't think I've got a pen with me, though."

"That's alright. I've got one." I said, taking my pen out. He handed me the piece of paper and I wrote my number on it with him watching me.

"Here you go. Give me a call," I said and looked at his name tag. "Steven." Then I finally left but he still stopped me.

"I haven't got your name!" He said. "Y/n. Call me later." I said. He smiled sweetly, waving at me. Then I rounded up my kids and finally left.

•••

First story! Not too bad, not too good.

What do you guys think?