j.l. ~ bagels

"Y/n?" Says Jake with a surprised voice.

Y/n gasped seeing my old friend. "Jake!" She exclaimed and immediately hugged him tight.

"Oh, it's been so long! Gosh! How are you?" She asked. "Nunca mejor, cariño." He said.

"Great. You headin' in?" Y/n asked if he was about to enter the café she was about to enter. "Oh yes, I just came in to get some coffee. Haven't had a nice breakfast lately." "Well, let's talk for a while! Unless your busy. I mean, I've got a meeting in a hour but I can talk."

"Oh, I'd like that." He said. We enter the café and sat at a table for two.

"Gosh, you look different. You worked out a lot or what?" Y/n asked. "Yeah, I did. You look good too, you haven't aged a day!" He said.

"Now you're just blabbering." She said. "No, I mean it! I noticed you so easily without thinking twice."

I chuckled at his compliment. "Thanks." She said.

Then, the waiter came to their able to take their order.

"I'll have a cappuccino. Oh, and a bagels. What do you want, Jake?" Y/n asked. "Hmm. You know, I'll have a matcha latte and a bagel as well, thanks."

"Alright. Your food will be right with you, please wait." Says the waiter and left.

"Wow. A matcha latte? Never had those since I was six. Gives me the creeps." She said as Jake giggles. "Still hate matcha, huh?" He said and she nodded, quickly.

"Mate, you really like her, don't you?" Says Jake's alter, Steven. "I think he does, Steven. I mean, it took him two days just to go up to her." Says Marc.

"Shut up you two." Jake said under his breath while Y/n was talking to him but she heard him.

She knitted her brows. "Sorry?" She asked. "What? Nothing." He said. "Okay..." Then they continued chatting.

After they had breakfast, they walked together.

"I thought you're still in England. What are you doing back here?" Y/n asked. "Oh, just my job and for fun times." Says Jake.

"Well, that's good. And I'm glad you found me. We shoul--" Y/n got cut off by someone covering her mouth and holding her. She was trying to scream but the gloved hand on her mouth made it muffled.

Jake was in shock but was in time to back off the other guys who went after him. Y/n tried to fight off the guy who's holding her. After Jake knocked them out, he knocks the guy holding Y/n. Then kicked him. Multiple times.

They were both gasping for air. "When I said 'worked-out' I didn't mean martial arts, Lockley." Says Y/n. "What the hell was that?"

"My job. You should get back home. If you don't see me, I'll find you. Don't worry." He breathed. "Okay." I nodded and picked up my bag fromt he floor.

"Where are you gonna go? Are these guys gonna be back after you?" Y/n asked. "Maybe. Don't worry about me. I'll worry about you but only I will so... Just don't worry, alright?" He said.

Y/n nodded. "Well, I'll see you later." She said. "Uh, yeah." Then they stood there for an awkward moment until Y/n kissed him on the cheek before she left.

Jake smiled as he watched her walk away.

"Oh~ bully's got a crush~ bully's got a crush~." Steven sings, annoying Jake. "Zip it, you. There's guys after us and now they know she knows me. They could get to her." Says Jake.

"Hey, don't worry. We'll have your little girlfriend stay in one piece." Says Marc. "But can we talk about the fact that she kissed him? I mean, Jakey, I think you're in luck."

"Shut up." Says Jake, angrily. "Yeah mate. You don't get those everyday from a single girl." Says Steven.

•••

ANOTHER SUBCONSCIOUSLY WRITEN STORY.

JUST PLEASE TRY TO ENJOY I CANNOT THINK OF ANYTHING ELSE AT THIS VERY MOMENT BECAUSE SCHOOL IS BEING AN ASS AND I HAVE SO MUCH WORK.