[𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞]

-by: yeon-

-by: yeon-

𝐑𝐮𝐧 𝐁𝐨𝐲 𝐑𝐮𝐧

☂ 

17 years ago

"Nietzsche once said, 'Man is as a rope, stretched between the animal and the superhuman. A rope over an Abyss. It is a dangerous crossing, a dangerous looking-back... a dangerous trembling and halting.',"

Number Seven blew on the whistle in her hands, signaling her siblings to start running up the flight of stairs as their training of agility.

"As much as you must strive, for individual greatness, and strive you must for it won't come to you of it's own accord... you must also remember that there is no individual stronger than the collective."

Number Eight was ahead of everyone until Number Five spatial jumped in front of her to be the first one to reach their Father, and a secondary goal of getting on Eight's nerve "That's not fair, Five's cheating!" Two shouted.

"He adapted." Reginald corrected, observing the children below.

Eight, who was right behind Number Five, suddenly had an idea.

Energy spheres formed in her palms as she swiftly and effortlessly floated up to the last two steps of stairs in front of Reginald. She landed gracefully on the ground while her Father had a smirk on his face as he patted her back proudly.

Eight was bewildered because Reginald, not even once, had the idea of showing any form of emotion.

Diego sat on the chair, shaking in pain as the tattoo needle entered his wrist continuously.

"The ties that bind you together, make you stronger than you are alone. They will make you impervious to the pain and hardship the world will thrust upon you. And believe me when I tell you, life will be hard. It will be painful."

Number Seven watched by the stairs as Five caressed Eights wrist that was bleeding with the academy tattoo permanently imprinted on it. Because of the pain, her powers were activated and golden cracks all over her face and body were showing.

Seven had always found Eight's abilities extra, extraordinary. The visuals of her power reminded her both of how beautiful and dangerous nature could be. 

She took out a black marker and drew the same symbol on some of her siblings' wrist.

By doing so, she felt like she fitted in a little more.

That's how she coped of being left out in the family, by living in her own little reality that she was as special as her siblings.

Y/N was dozing off on the kitchen table, it had been an hour since the meeting ended. She had a lot to process ever since she woke up from her frozen coma, and  doing so caused her to straight up fall asleep on the table.