Chapter: Thirty-Five

I ran at Obito full speed with a Kunai and a poisonous water ball in my other hand. I jumped in the air landing behind him. I threw the kunai to the back of his head. He turned around and blocked it. When he turned around I made a shadow clone after he faced me. My shadow clone attempted to attack from behind, but he was also a shadow clone. 

"You know better than this." Obito spoke from below my legs. He came out of the ground and tried to cut my legs with a sward, but I jumped and landed in a nearby tree. I breathed heavily trying to figure out how to beat him. Fuck, there's no beating Obito. He's far to strong for me and I'll die trying. Only way Is to go along with him, but the leaf will think worse of me and terminate me. If I still refuse and fight Obito, I'll die. Shit. I jumped out of the trees landing back in the tulip field. I stood there with my kunai looking carefully, for Obito. 

"Obito! Where the hell did you go! 

"I was wondering the same. Just kidding, I knew where you were the whole time." Obito stood in front of me as he put his hands together and all I heard after that was 'fire'. I fucking hate this Jutsu, it's a pain in the ass to get out of it's path and before I knew it, a wave of fire was coming towards me with all intensions of death. I quickly thought and surrounded myself in an orb of water. This is useless, fire and water will always be equal. I lifted my head from my knees and stood up straight. I saw that it was over and released the water back to the ground.

"You're making this harder than it needs to be." Obito stood behind me with his arms crossed. I turned my head to the left, so the side of my face was showing. I smiled and kept my head in that place. 

"Obito, I'll never be strong enough to beat you, but I NEVER back down from fights because I have the disadvantage. Even if it means the death of me. I'll fight you till my last seconds Obito."  I turned my body towards him and kept a straight face. I was no longer shaky or intimidated. I honestly had nothing left to lose. The leaf thinks I'm still apart of the Akatsuki and will destroy the village. But the funny thing is, the Akatsuki now distrusts and hates me. Obito was only a rock in my shoe at this point.

"Obito this fight means nothing to me, It's a free ticket to peace." I felt a single tear run down my cheek. I normally wouldn't cry, but for some reason the words I spoke surprised me. My eyes went wide and I let out a small laugh. 

"H-ha- I never thought I'd say those words out loud." I tried to laugh the pain away, but it was still inside me. Fueling me to fight everyone who hurt me. Obito only showed a look of boredom and anger. A small part of me hoped he would crack and understand me, but he's chose his path. I'm nothing but a burden that's wasting his time in a fight. 

"Like you care anyway." I wiped the tear the was about to drip off my face. I sniffed and reminded myself of the outcome. I'm going to fight Obito to the death. Test my limits, find the meaning for everything I've suffered for. Life stabbed me in the back too many times. My own friends and family betrayed me. Kai, my soul sister was setting me up for death. Kakashi; the one that I loved and wanted to spend the rest of my life with thinks I'm a monster. All my friends in the Akatsuki are against me now. Including Obito...

"I never did." His bitter words broke all that I had left. I don't ever back down from a fight, but this is where I draw the line. I felt like I was in hell, suffering in a pit of darkness. My body ached and my throat burned. I wasn't shaking because I was scared. I was shaking because I wanted to end everything. 

"O-okay then." My voice cracked as I swallowed the lump in my throat. I thought of all possible out comes. There was no win in this game of life. Obito was right I guess. This world is a cursed place. Happiness just doesn't exist anymore. My hands were shaking and my mind was running laps. I think I made it obvious because Obito clearly noticed me struggling. I quickly shifted my glance down to my feet and saw a knife under my foot. I slowly bent down and picked it up. I held it in my hands and stared at it for a second thinking about it's uses. Then it came to me. I shifted the knife and held it to my heart. 

"Sorry Obi." I smiled faintly. I held the knife in my right hand and pulled it away so I could get momentum to stab my heart. I aimed for the left side of my chest and the Kunai was centimeters away from piercing my chest. 

Obito's arms were covering my chest from the impact. His blood dripped down my body as the knife went into him, cutting him deep. It didn't look like it hurt him though, his face only looked...upset? It was a weird feeling knowing I was about to end my life and I'm still alive because someone saved me. It hit me hard and It felt like time froze. I made no noise, just tears trailing down my face and falling onto Obito's arms.

"Don't...

Obito's words weren't cruel and ruthless this time. It was soothing to hear that voice, comforting to know he stood behind me. Holding my body against his. I dropped my eyes and looked at the knife that stood still in his limb. My hand was still griping the knife, so I let go and pushed my self out of his arms.

"I-I'm...

"Never. Do. That. Again." Obito stared at me with frustration and all I did was look at his bleeding arm in regret. I'm sorry I did this to you, you should've let me end it all. 

-Well I just found out Kawaki means 'Dry' :/

idek