Chapter: Twenty-Five

I pulled my head out of the water once again, gasping for air. I coughed up less water this time. I was breathing really heavily and squeezing's my fists together.

"Y/n, what's in your hand? I tuned my head around and saw Kai. I stood up carefully and wobbled a little. My legs fell asleep and blood was cut off due to my position.

"Oh nothing." I looked down and put the piece of paper in my pocket. It must've came with me out of the vision.

"I finished an hour ago, I just came down from the house to check on you." Kai was worried about me. It didn't feel that long to be honest. I just saw the paper and read the names on it. Speaking of that, the names on there. Many I know.

"Oh that's weird, well are we done for the day? I acted as if I had no Idea what happened. Kai gave me the side eye walking back to the estate. She was suspicious of what I saw in the fountain.

"Dinner is ready by the way." Kai broke the tension.

"Good, cause I'm hungary." I smiled.

"Yeah, same..." Kai trailed off.

"So, what was in your vision?

"Nova forbids us to talk about it. Not even she can know. Apparently it will rip a hole in the space time continuum. And not the mention the quantum realm will cease to exist." For once in her life Kai sounded serious and mad?

"Cease to exist? Wouldn't that end all life? I asked.

"Not exactly. I'm no physicist but, all I know is that it wouldn't be good." Kai said as we approached the door. We both took our shoes off and went into the dinning room. Nova was already sitting down at the table with a class ball. She looked in our direction and smiled.

"I was wondering when you'd get here. What took so long?

"Just small talk." Kai quickly spoke for me. Why is she acting so weird. If any thing she's probably disturbed by the training we had today.

"Well sit down girls, Dinner will be served shortly." Nova waved her hand to the chairs. Me and Kai sat down across from each other. Nova being on the end.

"Y/n I'm sure Kai told you everything about what would happen if anyone knew what you saw in that fountain." Nova turned into that serious tone too.

"Yes." I spoke looking at Kai with a straight face.

"Good. You and Kai are the only ones, that are capable of knowing this. It's up to you to protect this earth and all of it's people." Nova smiled with her perfect white teeth.

"I understand." Kai and I said I sync. "

And what about you? I asked.

"Oh me, I'm too old for this. I've been here for thousands of years. I need two woman that are strong enough ninjas to take on this legacy." Nova said. I sat in silence for the rest of dinner. Exchanging glances from Kai every so often.

-

2 weeks later

Me and Kai have been training with Nova everyday. It hasn't been easy on us. My body is sore every night and day. I barley eat due to my throat being so sore. I lost 10lbs in the last week. I can't wait to get back to the Akatsuki and see everyone. Including Tobi.

"Kai? I knocked on her door and she yelled 'come in' I walked in and saw her on the bed reading a book.

"What? She looked up from her book.

"Nova wants to talk to us." I left the room and Kai followed behind me.

"What do you think she wants to talk about." Kai asked.

"I'm not sure, she's been acting really nice lately. Nicer than before." I said looking at my left.

We met Nova in a basement. It seems like it hasn't been touched in forever. Vines growing on the walls. Cracks on the low ceiling. At the end of the hall there was a door. That's where Nova was standing.

"Nova? you needed us?

"Yes, both of you are about to experience something no one has ever done. Not even me. Understand?

We both nodded and kept a straight face. Nova opened the door and we heard water splashing, The door scrape the surface of the water. Beyond the door there was two steps submerged under water. I couldn't tell how deep it was. I walked in first. I took the first two steps down into the water. It only went to my knees. There was barley any light. I pulled out a candle and held it up. I turned around and saw Kai following me.

~Okay that's it for today. I might update later tonight, depends how I feel. I'm having cravings for cupcakes and doughnuts....

-Kate💛