More than this

...............................................................

My phone light up from a text from Louis. "The boys don't want to get something to eat, but we could still go. Catch up on somethings, you want to?" Aww Louis is such a good friend.

"Sure! Let me ask mom real quick." I text back and go to ask. "Mom!" I yell

"In here!" She shouts from her bedroom. I walk in and stand in the door way.

"Im gonna go grab some supper with Lou, is that okay?" I ask leaning against the door frame.

"Aww sure." She says smirking.

"Mom we are best friends, always have been. Can't we just go to eat together." I said and I truly meant that. Just friends, that's all either one of us thinks.

"Okay sure....." She says wiggling her eyebrows. I roll my eyes at her and walk out the door.

"Don't stay out later than 8:00 okay." She calls back to me.

"Okay!" I reply. I sit back down On the couch and grab my phone.

"She said okay!" I reply back to Louis.

He immediately replies "Great! Meet me at your hotel lobby at 5"

"Kk" I reply. It's already 4:30 so I just lie around for a while, flipping through tv channels and wasting time. It's finally 4:50 so I head down to the lobby. I get down there and it's only 4:52 I head to the gift shop.

"Hi, may I help you?" A girl in her early 20's asks me from behind the counter.

"I'm just looking." I say back.

"Are you sure? We have wonderful collectors items!" She says cheerfully, walking out from behind the counter and over to me.

"No it's fine really." I say a tad bit annoyed. It looks like I'm the first customer she's had in a while, so I felt a little sorry for her too.

"Alright.....if u need anything let me know." She said taking her place behind the counter again.

I look around the shop a little while and spot a necklace. It had little purple sea shells going around the whole thing. Then a metal dolphin that was blue on the very bottom of it. It was cute. I look at the price tag, only $5. I took it over to the counter to purchase it.

"Now that is adorable!" The girl exclaimed. I felt pretty bad for the girl now. She looked kinda friendless. She was nice all in all, just a little hyper. I decided to be the kind person I am and go along with her hyperness.

"I know!" I said back over excitedly. "You seem cool, want my number?" I blurted out. I'm so awkward. So very awkward.

"Omygosh! Of course." That was kinda a shock. She was pretty over excited too. We swapped phones and entered our numbers in. I add my name as Katie/beach buddy. She entered hers as Kalicia gurl. Strange name.

"Text me sometime!" I call after her walking out of the store with my necklace.

I get on my phone and text my best friend Ella. "Hey gurl!"

"OMG is the famous Katie texting me?!" She replies.

"Of course! ;)" I send back to her.

"No really! Ur famous." She immediately replies. We have this unspoken law that we text back ASAP.

"What u talking bout gurl?" We like talking like gangsters.

"Hey stranger!" Louis sits down beside me grinning.