Break

Sorry haven't written in a while, busy! Love you all! Mwah!

...............................................................

*Three months later*

I closed my book and opened up my laptop. Studying was hard but I'm really liking college. I had a Skype call from Niall I had missed. I sighed. It's been tough not seeing him, not being with him. He visits every once in a while, but it's hard.

I push the enter button and call him back. It's ringing.....still ringing......gosh please pick up.

"Katie!" An Irish accent rings in my ears. A grin spreads across my face at seeing him.

"Niall! I miss you!" I say excitedly.

"I miss you too!" He replies blowing me a kiss.

"Caught it." I grab the air and smile.

"So how's college?" He asks.

"It's hard, I'm doing okay though." I reply.

"I really want to visit." He says looking down.

"I really wish you would." I look away from the screen.

"I might come over next weekend." He said smiling.

"I hope you can!" I grinned.

"Only a year and a half to go." He smiled weakly. He was talking about when I graduate. Classes don't take to long here.

"We need to talk." I trail off looking down again.

"What is it?" I hear the worry in his voice.

"I've realized that....college isn't all I wanted..." I say softly.

"What else?" He trails off looking hurt.

"I wanted to have a life. A life where I can settle down. Have a home, a family. A life that's mine." I whispered a tear slide down my cheek leaving a streak of cold.

"I......Ill quit.......I'll quit the band, we can have a life I promise. We can move away, have a family everything." His voice broke and tears streamed down his face.

"Niall, the thing is.........you can give me all that, but your not the one I want to give it to me." I trailed off, looking down.

"I..........I'm sorry." He said. Covering his face with his hands.

"Me too......bye." I clicked off the button and let the silence sink in. A few minutes later I heard a click and my roommate walked in.

"What's wrong Katie?" She asked noticing my tear stained face.

"I broke up with Niall..." I said weakly.

"Aww it's okay girl. Break ups are hard, but there's a reason why you broke up." She sat down next to me on the bed.

"I just was tired of his crazy life. I wanted my own." I cried on her shoulder.

"I know what you mean. You'll find someone that will give you everything you need. And you'll know when it's him." She comforted me.

"Thanks brooke." I said getting up.

"Any time." She said walking over to the mini fridge.