Crash

Sorry I haven't written lately, busy life.

...............................................................

We went down to the beach and set down all of our towels and bags. I took off my outfit to reveal my bathing suit.

"Lizzy, do you want to go play in the water?" I asked. She was playing in the sand digging through it and finding broken shells.

"Yeah!" Lizzy said hopping up and running over to me.

"Mom we're going to go play on the water." I said to her as she got out her book to read.

"All right, be careful and don't go out to far." Mom warned.

"Here," Dad handed me lizzy's water wings. "We don't want our little girl sinking." Dad smiled at Lizzy. I sat her down and slid the water wings onto her arms.

"Ready." I asked Lizzy as she took hold of my hand.

She nodded and we ran down to the water. "Look!" She gasped and pointed to the ground. The water hand ran over the sand revealing a perfect white and purple Shea shell. She bent over and grabbed it with her chubby fingers. She held it out me to look at.

"That's pretty." I said smiling at her. "Let's wash the sand off it. Hold onto it and rinse it off in the water." I told her. She put her hand down and clutched her fist as the water washed over her hand. "Don't let it go."I said.

"I didn't." She handed it to me to hold.

"If we get enough shells I'll bet dad can help us make a necklace for you." I said looking at the shell. Dads good with stuff like that.

"Okay!" She grinned and started looking for more shells.

We look for a while. New shells appeared every time the water washed over the sand. I had found 6 perfect shells and a few with cracks or chips in them.

"Katie! This ones moving!" Lizzy ran over to me and pulled on my arm to follow her. I walked over to where she had been, but there was no shell.

"Where?" I asked looking around us.

"It was right here."Liz pointed to a little bubble in the wet sand.

I dug into the sand to see if it had been buried when the water washed over it. I dig out a fist full of sand and looked through it to find a shell that had to sides and was clamped shut.

"Is this it?" I held it out to Lizzy to look at.

"Yeah!" She nodded her head vigorously. I set it in the sand to watch.

"Watch and see if it moves." I told Liz. We watched for a little while, then something slimy slipped out the shell and into the sand. The shell was digging itself into the sand. It eventually disappeared into the sand leaving a little air bubble.

"See!" Lizzy pointed to where it had been.

"I think that's called a clam shell." I told Liz. "It has a little foot or something that comes out and digs itself into the sand." I explained to her.

Lizzy sat there looking at sand, bent over the spot the clam had been. She got up and pulled on my arm. "Can we play in the water now?" She asked pulling me towards the water.

"Sure." I said and walked into the water. I picked her up and swung her around. Her feet skimmed the water. Spraying it everywhere. She giggles and flails her legs around. I plop her on the water while she floats around awhile.

Gracie runs over to me with two buggy boards. "Wanna surf?" She asks letting the boards float in the water. What surfing is to us is lying on the board when a wavy comes and riding it back to shore. No standing up. No skill involved, perfect for us.

"What about Lizzy? We can't jut leave her here to float off." I say playfully. Ruffling Gracie's golden locks.

"Sure we can." Gracie giggles at Lizzy as she scrunches her face up and huffs.

"We're just kidding with you, I'll get mom to watch you." I say to Lizzy laughing.

"I'll watch her while you get mom." Gracie pushed Liz back and forth in the water. I get salty spray in my mouth and Lizzy laughs.

I run up the beach to where mom and dad are talking. "Cam one of you watch Liz while Gracie and me go surfing?" I ask

"Sure, and it's boogie boarding, you can not surf. At all." Dad smiles and messes up my hair.

Gracie and I paddle out to meet the closest wave. I watch it grow in size as it comes closer. I turns around and lay on my stomach I feel the ocean churn beneath me. I'm being lifted up as the wave gets underneath my board and comes crashing onto the beach. I ride the wave for a few seconds before my board hits sand and the wave recoils into the ocean again. I paddle back out to catch another one. I look over and see Gracie with her hair wet and matted to her face, her bottoms slightly falling off her skinny waist. She yanks them up with one hand and paddles back out, following suit. I laugh at her funny state.

We catch a few more small waves and go in for another one. This one is quit big and is rapidly growing in size, I paddle fast to meet it. I'm to late and I dive and hold my breath trying to go under the wave so it doesn't hit me. I feel the push of the wave pass over me and I come back up for air. When I surface I immediately get smacked in the face and nocked under by a huge wave. I feel my body turn and twist with the waves circle motion. I'm caught in the middle of it and I'm running out of breath. My face hits the sandy bottom if the ocean. I open my mouth without thinking and get a mouth full of sand and salt water. My head goes slightly fuzzy from no air and I also swallowed quit a bit of salt water and sand. I caught from the salty sting in the back of my throat only to get more water sucked in. I feel salt water rushing in through my nose. It stings and burns so bad. I try to move my arms and legs to kick to the service but I'm being pulled back into the ocean. Farther away from help. My mind goes blank and my body goes limp. I feel strong arms pull me to the surface but its to late. My lungs are filled with salt water and my head cloudy from no air. I'm gone