𑁍 Chapter Fifty-Four: Stood Up

"Are you ready?" Was the first thing Jeno had asked his boyfriend once he went out the house to meet him outside.

Tiffany told Jaemin it was okay to park literally right outside their house instead of a few feet away or somewhere to hide his motorcycle from her parents.

Jaemin smiles while nodding off, "I am but..." He trails off, Jeno furrows his eyebrows in confusion and worry.

Jaemin slithers his fingers around Jeno's to ease him up, "I have a surprise for you." He announces.

Jeno's eyebrows furrows deeper, and it has Jaemin chuckling at him as he reaches his free hand to teasingly pinch on Jeno's creased forehead.

The latter whines quietly, "what is it?" Rubbing the spot where Jaemin had touched him, he almost whines again when Jaemin pulls away.

However, his eyes follow Jaemin's big but tender hands, fingers slowly pulling up the sleeve of his sweater until it exposes his wrist.

And–

"Oh my God..." Jeno gasps, he looks up to meet Jaemin's expecting gaze. It changes into pure amusement and relief when he sees Jeno's own gaze filled with awe.

"Do you like it?" Jaemin asks with a knowing smile dancing on his lips.

Jeno playfully glares, "are you kidding? Of course I do!" He exclaims. His fingers reaching out to excitedly graze over Jaemin's wrist.

"Who did this?"

"Jaehyun," Jaemin answers briefly, "I couldn't ask Johnny because he would tease me nonstop and waste our time." Jeno giggles hearing that.

Staring at it in awe, Jeno couldn't stop running his fingers on it, mumbling a string of apologies whenever he hears Jaemin hissing in slight pain.

It's still fresh, the redness of Jaemin's skin makes Jeno curl his lips downwards into a pout. Leaning in, he kisses it gently.

Jaemin smiles, cooing at him as Jeno does it again, but this time he does it while looking up meeting his beautiful eyes.

"I really like it... It's beautiful."

"I matched it with yours," Jaemin grins triumphantly, Jeno playfully rolls his eyes in return. "Pretty genius of me."

"You should've done a tree..." Jeno jokes about.

"But then it wouldn't entirely match– like what if someone has a leaf one on theirs and people would misunderstand?" Jaemin pouts back.

The brunet boy snickers and kisses his lips. "Dummy."

"That's my next tattoo." Jaemin grins like a Cheshire cat, he giggles at Jeno's annoyed look.

"Oh God... Let's just head inside."

"Okay, my little acorn."

"Shut up, squirrel boy." Jeno hisses in response while dragging him to the front door.

Jaemin cackles and lightly tugs on Jeno's hand, "start calling me that." Grinning in silly while his boyfriend huffs at him.