𑁍 Chapter Fifty-One: Given Chance

"You don't have to walk me home, Jaem." There's a shy smile on Jeno's face as he said that, couldn't help the giddy feeling due to his boyfriend as always.

It has Jaemin smiling as well, inwardly cooing at Jeno as he interlocks their fingers. "I want to, you know I do, baby."

"I also want to make sure you get home safely, especially after last night." It was supposed to be a harmless mention of events.

Jaemin was referring to that asshole who tried (thankfully failed) to approach his boyfriend. His intoxicated boyfriend.

Thinking about it, Jaemin still gets upset at the thought. Despite it being fresh, he's sure he'd still be tensing up at the topic.

He couldn't help but think the negative possibilities if he was not there.

If he was drunk too, if he was one of those shitty boyfriends who leaves their lover alone in a chaotic party or place while knowing fully well they're drunk.

Based from how Jaemin said it calmly, it made Jeno even more embarrassed to know that he misunderstood and cursed his dirty mind.

Jaemin bumps their hips as he teases,  getting Jeno to whine back and huffs out in annoyance. "Stop it, my... Butt... Still kinda hurts."

Jaemin squeezes his hand gently: a contrast to his mischievous snicker. "I think there's ointment or something for that. Do you want me to buy you one?"

"I'm fine." Jeno grits his teeth at Jaemin's smirk right up to his face. "I'll just have to deal with it."

"Oooh~" laughing when he gets a smack on his abdomen, Jaemin shakes his head with a silly smile. "Jokes aside though, if you need anything, you can call me."

"I know. Besides my mom, you're my number one person to reach out for." The smile Jeno flashes him is so sweet, couldn't resist to kiss him on the lips.

"I'm very flattered."

"You're always flattered whenever I thank or compliment you." Jeno rolls his eyes, but his lips were stretched into an amused smile.

"You caught me." Jaemin giggles and lifts their hands up to kiss Jeno's knuckles.

However, their sweet moment came to a stop once they stood in front of Jeno's house. Getting a surprise for both of them.

Jeno knew this day would come, but didn't expect it to be this intimidating.

No matter how confident and rebellious he felt these days, unfortunately there is always that fear lingering in him. Especially now that Jaemin is here.

He didn't need this.

He grips onto Jaemin's hand for dear life as soon as the familiar scream of his grandma greets them not so nicely.

"Lee Jeno!" Storming over to him, she glares so harshly but is yet to notice their interlocked hands. "Where were you?!"

"Do you know how scared I got when you weren't opening the door? And then finding out you weren't even here!"

Jeno feels guilty, he knows it was wrong of him to do that. But he just couldn't take it anymore.

He needed to get out of there instead of doing unnecessary studying and listening to his grandparents' offensive comments.