𑁍 Chapter Fifty-Three: Fuck It

"I want to get a tattoo now."

The sudden announcement has Jaemin almost dropping his camera, luckily clutching it against his chest before any accidents could have happen.

He snaps his head to Jeno's way, "baby, what?" He's confused and shocked, not really expecting for Jeno to plan on doing this any time soon.

Of course Jeno has his own choices (Jaemin jokes that his mindset is obviously better than his), but hearing these kinds of choices in real life rather than in his thoughts catches him off guard.

It just feels weird, in a good way. Like a fresh start for Jeno, and seeing him more at ease makes Jaemin happy too.

Sometimes he worries if Jeno crosses the line or decides to do something too much, it will be his fault.

But recently, that isn't the case. Thanks to Jeno who always reassures him, he wouldn't do something that could harm other people or himself.

Jeno is like an animal in a cage, but now he has the freedom to do anything he wants to an extent thanks to Jaemin who opened up the cage and threw the lock away.

He has the choices to go back and hide in his cage or go out there to explore the world any time he wants to.

And currently, Jeno wants to explore.

"I wanna get a tattoo." Jeno repeats himself for Jaemin, peering up through his lashes. "It will be a small one, not too extra."

"Why?" Jaemin asks, setting his camera down and sits beside his boyfriend who instinctively clings to his side in a second. "Like... What made you want to get one now?"

Drawling a soft hum, Jeno purses his lips. "I've been thinking about it actually, but obviously there's some stuff we needed to go through..."

"And since my grandparents are leaving soon, remember what I said when I dyed my hair?" Jeno brings up with a tiny smile adorning his face.

"What's there to hide?"

Jaemin remembers it well, of course he does. Jeno was so happy and proud of himself, he– along with the others and especially Jaemin, couldn't stop gushing about his new hair.

Although it was a low-key and simple or basic color, their support was endless. This was one of Jeno's choices, and every firsts he will go through, they will support him.

Donghyuck and Yangyang joked he should dye his hair again or add a few more highlights. Mark also joined along and said he could surprise Jaemin once again or something.

"What's your plan then?" Jaemin asks, draping an arm around his shoulders.

Jeno chuckles, "I was wondering if you could do it."

Jaemin pauses, "sorry, I think I heard that wrong."

"Horny." Jeno scoffs jokingly.

The tattoo artist clicks his tongue. "'m not." Jeno pinches his cheek to tease him even more. "I'm just confused on what you meant."