Chapter 8: Meltdown

(William's POV)

I jolt awake with red lights flashing and alarms blaring.

"Alert, reactor meltdown inanimate, initiate emergency procedures."

I jump out of bed and go running down the halls with the rest of the crew we reach there to see Moon,Vee, and Lilac trying to get the situation under control. Yelling and screaming commands as the entire ship begins to shake and shutter when something rises above all else. A heart wrenching, blood curdling scream as we all go pale. As the maintenance trio continued their work, Kelly, Levi, Nancy, Red, and I walked around to investigate. We turn a corner when we are hit with the unmistakable sent of iron, we rush to the source to see a gruesome scean, Sean was dead, torn to pieces. I quickly turn around ready to vomit, Nancy joins me and Kelly is about to cry, Levi is try to help her while Red is just staring blankly. With that we all meet in the cafeteria to discuss what happened.

"What now" Moon says his voice seeming surprisingly strong, compared to that of a captain.

"WE NEED TO END THIS NOW" Madi yells.

"We don't know who did it"Kelly responds.

"I think we do, Brittany wasn't at the reactor when it melted down, she was the only one who could have done it" Madi says.

"What, It's not me, I swear" Brittany (Coral) responds.

"It has to be" Madi retorts.

Soon the whole cafeteria Is sent in to argument, but soon attention is regained by Kelly.

"We will put this to a vote, everyone grab your tablets and cast a vote for who you think it is."

Several seconds pass as the votes are cast. Soon the final votes are in.

Brittany: Madi, Whyit, Robert, Levi, Nancy, Moon.

Madi: Brittany.

Skip Vote: William, Red, Kelly, James, Lyidia.

"No please you have to listen, it wasn't me, I swear please!"

"I'm sorry Brittany"Kelly said sorrowfully" The crew decided, I have to."

Brittany cried, kicked, and screamed as she was dragged towards the air lock, and with two presses of a button, she was gone. Kelly was speechless afterwards so Levi spoke to the crew

"We have found the imposter who has killed our crew mates, we may rest easy now knowing that this monster has been delt with, everyone gets a good night sleep and be ready for a bright day when we wake up."

With that we all went back to sleep for what short hours we could, most of us at least, I had to wait for Kelly to finish cleaning my room, witch would take some time, so I had to find another place to sleep. I went to the room chart to have a look and saw the one person without a roommate, Red. I walked down the halls to see him entering his room.

"Red!" I yell out to him.

He stops and looks at me.

"My room is being cleaned because of what happened earlier, so I was wondering if I could use your spare bed tonight."

He looked at me for a second, then he nodded and opened the door. I walk in and look around, and the first thing I noticed was a large arrangement of rose bushes in all assortments of color, Red went to bed wearing his helmet. I laid in the bed across the room from him and quietly drifted off to sleep.