Chapter 2: Flashes of the Past

(thank you to the guest Author of this chapter Moon)

"William", I scream as the darkness surrounds me as I try to convince them to help me. I release the bar I was holding onto.

I fall....

Save me.....

Why.......

This is your fault.......

I tried to help you but........

You always just leave me behind...

I sometimes wonder, is it my fault?....
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I awake with a jolt with sweat dripping down my face as the nightmares play over and over again in my mind, why........ I huff a sigh guess I'm not going back to bed anymore, I stand up and smile at the mirror as I trace the scars on my face left from my past. I look at the plush on my bed and start crying, it was from them. I tried so hard to make them stay but they never did..... Never will. I look over to my door drawings and pictures, I spot it, it's on the shelf the things that I kept to remind me that THEY can't be trusted. I find my sash on the table by my laptop....... I smile as I walk over and feel all the pins on the sash memories flashing through my mind, memories of the blood that was shed the memories of the friends I lost, memories of them. How we used to play in the fields, how we used to play games, how much I used to love them....
But thats the past, and they choose there bed to sleep in when they left me there to die....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The wind swirls past me and my friends as we head into the unknown, they all surround me. I was the leader for this mission seeing as though I've been there the longest. "are you okay, Will?" I ask as I see he has a limp seeming to favor his left leg over his right one. "Yeah ill be fine, just tripped a little when we got off the ship," he spoke. "Okay, tell me if it gets worst, or if you are in pain." I spoke with humor in my voice, "we don't want the Affrila incident to replay." I had a mischievous grin on my face. As Levi snickers with me, His face going red with embarrassment, hey at least I didn't write a love note to the captain that I chickened out on giving her, William says to his older twin, then its Levi's turn for his face to become a cherry tomato.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I snap out of the memory as I huff out a sigh. "Hey," Sean says as she walks into my room "hello S, how did ya sleep," I ask. "well speaking that it is 2 A.M not well" he responds, I turn around to face him" are you okay," I say concern present in my voice like how it used to be when I comforted my crew. "Yeah, I had a nightmare, and you're usually awake so I was hoping that....."he says in a small voice "come here" I respond patting the bean bag chair in my room as I sit down in it. "Do you want to talk about it?" I ask the small boy as I hug him. "No," he responds fast, way too fast, he's scared I think, but what would make him this scared. "Okay, do you want to sleep here tonight then mate," I respond already knowing what might be making him nervous." "Can I," he asked while his breathing starts to slow down, and he looks up at me with fear in his eyes. "Of course, you can buddy. You're always welcome in my room," I say with a smile present on my face. "Thank you, captain." He says playfully saying captain mockingly. I smile softly in response gently petting his hair putting on soft rain noises to soothe him to sleep gently. And as his eyes close I gently put my favorite blanket over him.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You left her there!" She screams at them as I watch from afar. "That's enough," I say knowing the drama that will arise if this keeps going any longer. "But they"- Vee tries to talk while I quickly cut her short of her insults of the twins in front of her, as they look utterly confused, then again I changed a lot, i guess they don't recognize there old captain then again, then again I'm technically supposed to be dead, that good for çńłægíüęßë or I would be dead for real

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why did it have to be me I cry as I sit by the mirror in my bathroom crying my eyes as I think about my family, how they treated me how much I missed them, of course, I love my crew but they aren't there for me.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I punched the wall, I'm so mad. Why why did they have to be here? WHY! ....... I hear a knock on my door, I stop, I turn to the door, "yes," I say smiling so it appears as if I'm okay, "Hey, can I come in and talk to you," the person I now realize is Lilac outside. "Give me a minute," I call out quickly whipping my tears away. Lightly I looked in the mirror and fixed my appearance to seem alright. "Come in," I call out to Lilac. "Hey, can we talk," she asked. "Of course, what ya need Lil," I asked, my smile present on my face. "I have a problem," she said with a questioning tone. "And what would that problem be," I look at her now worried. "Are you okay," She says looking at me. I look her in the eyes and replied of course I am.