Chapter 7: Roses

(Kelly's POV)

Things have gone from bad to worse, two, two Crewmates dead in one day. Why, why our ship, why our crew, why MY crew. This was supposed to be a simple mission, get to Polos, spend six months gathering data and samples, and Fly home. That's it, nothing more, nothing less. I was always warned to be careful of imposters, but we were told that they strike immediately which doesn't make sense.

(James' POV)

God, why, why, Why, Why WHY. She's gone, she's really gone, What kind of cruel God would let something like this happen. Why. it's just not fair, we have done nothing wrong. WHY!

(Moon's POV)

Not again, not again, not again, why, why to me, why over and over, it keeps happening. Three-times now. It hasn't ended, and it never will. Why do I have to trust people so easily, should I turn them in, should I talk to them? No, I cant they wont kill me thats for sure I just have to keep Vee and them from being in the same room alone.

(William's POV)

Two, two dead. Who could it be, everyone was together, how could he slip away like that. I hope Kelly can solve this, or we all my die. I doubt that Levi will be of any help, a potted plant would be a better co-captain, and brother than him. No matter what happens I hope that the imposter pays.

Later that day

We were all sitting in the cantina, the mood was grim, since the second murder everything has ground to a halt. No one knows what to do. James was having a complete mental break down and was refusing to talk to anyone. Kelly has been silent for hours only talking to Levi discussing what to do. Soon she walked over and placed to makeshift grave stones next to the window.

"We lost to good souls to day, however we shall not let this hamper our new mission, finding, detaining, and killing this imposter! Stay in groups do not let you eyes of you partners for even a second. We must catch them. You are all dismissed."

She was on the verge of tears when she stop speaking. We held a small funeral for them before sending what was left of their bodies on to space. As the day turned to night, people readied to go to sleep as I finished my nightly routine I walked back to the cafeteria one last time and there I saw him, Red placing two roses on their graves, one cyan, one white. Who knew he grew Roses. He stood up so I ducked my head back and ran to my room. I proceeded to lay down, it was several hours till I could fall asleep. But before I knew it my eyes were closed.

Little was I aware the disaster that would happen later that night.