Chapter 8

Peeta POV:

"Hello?" I hear Glimmer call.

Katniss is on top of me. She is being really intense with this make-out session.

"Katniss," I say trying to break the kiss. "Shush," she says through the kiss. I pull away and say, "Glimmer is looking for people. We should go." We are where we were early tonight. On the lounge chair by the pool.

"Fine," she says getting off me. "We really need to stop breaking this thing so easily. This is the second time tonight. First, it was Cato and Gale. Now it's Glimmer. Come to my place on Sunday."

"Alright," I say smiling. "Let's go."

"There you guys are," Glimmer says. "I was starting to get a little worried. Where's Finnick, Cato, Johanna, and Gale?"

"I don't know. Gale looked really mad early. The last time I saw Cato was when he was talking to Delly. Why do you think he was talking to Delly?" I say. "Like it matters," Clove says bitterly. What's her problem? "Let's just try to find them." "Everything alright?" Katniss says. "Just peachy," Clove says. She looks like she is about to cry or scream.

"Come here," I say pulling her into a hug. She hugs back with out hesitation. She starts crying. "Do you want to talk?" She shrugs. "Do you want to talk to Katniss?" She nods slowly. Katniss comes over and grabs her. She pulls Clove into a different room.

"You must just love it here, Marvel," I say.

"So much better than my old school," when he says that he doesn't sound sarcastic. "Seriously."

"Because there was no one as good as me at your school," Glimmer says turning around to kiss his cheek.

"I'm sure that was it," Marvel says. Glimmer playfully hits his arm. I look over at Annie and she is just looking around at everything in a daze. Marvel sees that I'm looking at her. "She got drunk." I nod.

"Wait, what?" I ask in confusion. It's Annie. She doesn't do anything, like ever. "How?"

"How, really?" Marvel says mocking my confusion. "She obviously had to much to drink. I saw someone bring in some beer. I was going to say something, but Cato said that it was fine."

"You know, new kid," Annie says. "Cato isn't always the brightest. You know what is bright? Diamonds. You know what I like about diamonds? People shine bright like them."

"Let's go find the others," I say. Cato walks up to us and looks confused. "You alright, dude?"

"Umm, I'm, umm, good," he stutters. "Why?"

"Just wondering." The rest of them come back shortly after.

"Yay! The group is back together! Because tonight, we are young!" Annie screams We are young by Fun.

"Shut up, Annie," Johanna says.

"Be nice," Finnick says.

"Where is Clove?" Cato asks.

"With Katniss," Annie says. "I'm pretty sure she hates you right now. She was crying because of you." She says pointing at Cato.

"Really?" Cato says looking at me. I nod.

"Ugh," is all he says looking up at the sky shaking his head. We sit in an uncomfortable silence. Clove and Katniss eventually come back.

When they sit down with the rest of us, Finnick yells, "Let's play Truth Odair!" "Ok," we all say. Finnick grabs a bottle, while the rest of us sit in a circle. Finnick spins it first. It lands on Cato. "Cato, truth Odair?" Finnick asks. "Dare, duh," Cato says confidently. "I dare you to play seven minutes in heaven with the girl of your choice," Finnick says. Cato walks over to Glimmer and grabs her wrist. She looks shocked.