|| CHAPTER-36 ||

"How is he?" Jimin asked as he stood in front of the hospital room along with Namjoon.

"He refuses to meet anyone. He blames himself for everything. I can't bring myself to talk to him-"

"Hyung!" Jimin turned towards Namjoon. It was the first time he acknowledged him with an honorific.

"Y...yes?"

"I want you to train him to be the best agent out there. I want you to make him confident enough to live by his own rules. If ever I don't return from a mission. I want you to take the lead and guide Jungkook to complete it," Jimin said.

"Why do you trust him so much?"

"Because Seokjin did the same when he found me. He built me and I don't mind giving up my life for him and his dreams. I want you to be someone like that to Jungkook. Promise me!"

Namjoon didn't want to question further. Because Jimin wasn't a man who would take a 'no' for an answer. He simply nodded and slid the door to Jungkook's room to go inside.

Who knew it would be the last time Namjoon would ever see Jimin?

"Agent Juliet! Report to the base station. We have a huge case. It's an emergency, report back!" The mic announced and Jimin cursed under his breath and rushed toward the department.

______

"What's the deal?"

"We found him!" Seokjin announced and turned his head towards the monitor that projected the face of the man.

"Who?"

"One of the biggest ringleaders that have been into human trafficking for ages now and we caught a glimpse of him with evidence."

"Any information?"

"Zhu Long Cao, an investor residing in China!" Taehyung answered as he clicked over the photo and projected it over the big screen.

"Looks like we won't be going home for a few months." Jimin stepped closer to the screen, "I will make you face the wrath of Agent Juliet, bitch!"

____

"Where are you going?" Taehyung asked with furrowed eyebrows. He noticed a box under Jimin's arm.

"I am going home tonight. It was my brother's graduation and I couldn't attend it. He would be furious, as fuck. I just want to give him something before I leave for the mission." Jimin smiled widely.

"You have a brother? Wow, I thought you were a loner. Does he know about your job?" Taehyung asked as he leaned back over his chair.

"He can't and he won't ever. I will make sure of it. I can't risk putting him in danger as well." Jimin answered and turned to leave.

"Tell me if he's hot! I would date him," Taehyung chirped from behind to which Jimin simply chuckled and left.

_____

Knock! Knock!

Jimin furrowed his brows as the door didn't open up even after knocking a couple of times.

"H..hobi?" Jimin called out with fear lacing in his system.

It was times like this that made Jimin vulnerable. He was a strong man and there was no doubt about it. But he also had a job to keep up that screamed danger.

And Hoseok would be the first one to experience the consequences of Jimin's duties.

Because he was his brother.

He was his weakness.

"Hoseok! Open the door. It's not funny and you have no clue how terrified I am right now-"

"What the fuck do you want?" Hoseok harshly opened the door.

Jimin sighed in relief as he saw a glimpse of Hoseok who stood there by the door safe and sound, "Hyung..."

"Don't call me that! I won't buy any of that. I am pissed to the core. What kind of work were you stuck in that you couldn't afford to come to my graduation?" Hoseok asked with his chest heaving up and down in anger.

"I...can't tell you my work details, hyung. I am sorry-"

"Fuck it! I don't even care about that anymore. Do you believe I am the elder here? Because it seems the other way round to me. It's always you who's working. It's always you who's earning to feed me and pay up my college fees-"

"Hyung! You will always remain the upper hand here. And I don't mind working to pay your bills. It doesn't matter to me. I don't want you to think about it-"

"Stop acting like a saint, Jimin! I never asked for this. You do everything as you wish. You sent me to study though I refused and when I was finally graduating, you weren't there. You were never beside me. You never acknowledged me as your brother!"

"I get that you are angry. But don't ruin your precious day because of me. Yeah? Look I got you the shoes you asked for last time-"

"Fuck the shoes! I wish you just disappeared forever and never return! I am tired of waiting for you every day. I am tired of expecting you to be home on our birthdays. I am tired of begging you to stay beside me for at least one day," Hoseok screamed with tears running down his cheeks.

Jimin tried to step toward the boy but he simply shook a 'no' with his head and rushed towards his room.

It hurt him to know that Hoseok spoke those words. He couldn't blame the guy. He was just a year older than Jimin and had the right to burst up someday.

Seokjin had asked Jimin if he wanted to involve Hoseok in the Base Station. But Jimin had refused the offer and promised to take up the job if he keeps him away from all this.

It was only natural he doesn't acknowledge Jimin as his brother.

After all, they were picked up from the orphanage by Jin. Jimin was adamant enough to ask Jin to hire him and train him to be an agent and provide Hoseok with the best education.

But looks like his efforts were never appreciated by the elder.

Jimin chuckled dryly and took steps backwards before turning to leave. The box of shoes slipped off his hands as he dashed out of the house.

A/n:- Did Jimin do the right thing by asking Namjoon to train Jungkook instead of getting him arrested?

Was Hoseok wrong on his part?

What will happen when Jimin takes up Zhu's case?

Hope you guys liked the chapter!

Love you guys!

Maddie🙂❤