|| CHAPTER-19 ||

"Kook! Can I ask you something?" Jimin chirped as he stretched his legs over the couch and rested his head comfortably over Jungkook's lap with eyes staring at the man who was busy changing the channels on the Television

"Hmm," Jungkook hummed as he continued changing the channels.

"Do you not regret quitting your job?"

Jungkook stopped flipping the channels and looked over to Jimin who staring at him with those shining orbs, "I don't."

"Why though? It's such an honourable job with a big load of responsibilities over your neck. And you get to save so many people,"

"I don't know Jimin. I am grateful to my boss who picked me out of an odd job and handed me this amazing job. But..."

"You use my full name only when you have something else to say but you don't want to." Jimin smiled as he cupped Jungkook's cheek.

"I am sorry, Jimin. I can't tell you my work details," Jungkook said softly.

"Kook, what is a family?" Jimin perked another question to lessen the tension in the air.

"Now why would you ask that?" Jungkook chuckled.

"No, I was watching this crazy drama where the female lady asks her boyfriend's mother if she could be a part of their family and the mother gets furious and throws a cup of water over her face-" before Jimin could finish explaining the story Jungkook was clutching his stomach and laughing out loud.

"Wait, there's more. The water wasn't there in the first scene but magically appeared in the next one. How's that possible?" Jimin asked curiously and Jungkook bent forwards to hold his laughter.

Jimin gulped as he felt Jungkook's face so close to him. His wide bunny smile and the shine in his eyes were all that Jimin loved to see.

"What's so funny?"

"I am going to die of laughter, one day. You should seriously stop watching dramas, Jimin-shii!" Jungkook placed a hand over Jimin's cheek and leaned closer.

"I love them and I can't stop watching them. But if you insist I won't watch them," Jimin pouted as Jungkook was just inches away from his face.

"I was just joking, Mimi. You can watch whatever you like and I won't stop you."

"Kook?"

"Hmm?" Jungkook hummed as he nuzzled his nose over Jimin's.

"Would you be my family?"

"You want me to be your family and your love? Aren't you being too greedy?" Jungkook smiled against Jimin's lips.

"Are you going to pour water over me, since you disagree?" Jimin asked with a panicked tone pushing Jungkook a little back to observe the expressions on his face.

"Why are you so adorable?" Jungkook pulled his cheeks to make Jimin smile.

"You still didn't reply to my question," Jimin furrowed his brows and turned towards the television.

"I will be both for you. Happy? Now, look at me, please? I don't like a sulking Mimi," Jungkook whined as he nudged Jimin's shoulder.

"Then what if you had to choose between your family and your country? Whom would you choose?" Jimin asked as he turned to face Jungkook.

"You sure have a lot of questions today."

"Just answer me.  If your job demands your presence ever again, will you be strong enough to give up on your family?"

Jungkook couldn't answer it.

Because it wasn't a question that was supposed to be answered. It was a final goodbye that Jimin was putting forth which Jungkook failed to comprehend in the stipulated time.

A/n:- Ah! Sorry for the filler chapter. It was necessary for understanding the next chapter.

Get ready for A HUGE TWIST!

I WARNED YOU. KEKEKE

Hope you liked the chapter.

Love you guys

Maddie🙂❤